New Signings | Vital Football

New Signings

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
So far there's not been any additions to the squad, hopefully this will change once the manager takes up his post at the end of his holiday.
Assuming that Timi is going to leave the recruitment of an imposing centre half is essential, as are creative midfielders and pacy forwards to replace Mols. Pretty much players for every position!
I wonder if we'll see any recruits from North of the Border.

With the trip to Portugal scheduled for 27 June, there will be less than 2 weeks to assemble a meaningful squad.
Or will this turn out to be similar to the last foreign training camp during Colin Cooper's tenure when the group consisted mainly of trialists few of whom were ever seen in blue and white!

I'm expecting this will be an entirely new foreign training camp experience, during which the squad will kip on an airport floor for a few days and then come home again.

There was that Irish lad Challinor signed from Scotland but he decided to go back to Scotland after a few months. Dont remember his name.

Still quiet!
I wonder if PH is finding recruiting players to the North East as great a problem as many of his predecessors and several managers at our neighbouring clubs?
Generally, the impression is that players will only come to the North East for excessive wages or as an absolute last resort if nobody else will take them.
Time will tell, but it isn't looking promising.

That's two plus the goalie signed. No idea if they'll be any good but don't you just love it when Pools sign a player and it says "The deal will be completed subject to International clearance "

Certainly looking like PH has recruited some solid performers for the upcoming season. It would appear that he identified the lack of physical presence from his one visit to the Vic to see Pools out muscled by Colchester last season.

However, there is more work to be done as Pools still don't have enough players for a matchday squad.
I'm assuming that there will be a number of "trialists " on the plane to Portugal, and a few loanees to be recruited before the close of the Transfer Window.

Callum Cook a proven performer at this level, excellent signing. We need a couple of strikers, though. Only got Carver (a striker who hasn't scored for us) and the young lad Gray as out and out strikers.

Would love it if we could prise one away from a one of our competitors in league two and one who recently found a rich vein of form but is a bit of an unknown quantity :red:

Is anybody else starting to come to the conclusion that Pools aren't able to attract a Centre Forward, or two, with the pedigree that PH requires?

Suspect we're going to end up with someone nobody else wants, as usual!

I feel sure I'm talking to myself, but I'll make this my final observation/comment.
PH keeps stating that there'll be "quality " players signed within the coming days to strengthen the squad in attacking areas. Well we're still waiting!
So a bit of advice for PH, don't say players are coming until they are signed up - it just causes frustration amongst the fan base. Also, the latest player alleged to be being looked at is Kieran Agard who hardly ranks as being "quality " , so don't make statements that can't be followed up with results, as Poolies of long standing we've heard it all before!

Good luck for the season ahead, but I fear Pools are heading in one direction and it isn't upwards. OP

Good luck for the season ahead, but I fear Pools are heading in one direction and it isn't upwards. OP

Some people say that before the start of every season. Sometimes they're right, sometimes they're wrong. That's what being a Poolie is all about.