New signing today | Page 5 | Vital Football

New signing today

He has something if he has won over the Northampton manager and fans at this time. It is unlikely that Evans has signed him as a major goalscorer. Akinfenwa at Gillingham was a example of a player who was so much more that his goals.Steve Butler first spell I think was the same only not as good .No point in signing a player to get goals if he never gets the ball.Oliver is clearly someone who is able to deliver the ball to the right areas .If we can convert chances Oliver will be a key part of that.There was no sigh that Akindie was likely to set up chances for others with regularly. But perhaps he will score a lot more if we have someone who can feed him chances .He has got a record that suggests that he might just do that .
Strikers are often about partnerships. I think that Oliver could turn out to be a ideal partner. Someone who does the donkey work.Wins the long punt forward or the cross into the box.Closes down defensive players when they go to clear a all round nuisance. It is Evans job now to make sure we use that if he can't then the team won't work .Oliver is only part of a plan not the whole plan.Eaves didn't really need anyone else but most forwards like Cody for example do.If he can do the sort of job Sidibe did back in the Championship years.I am sure others in the side back then will tell you how vital that was to the team effort.As will many fans.Oliver seems on the face of it to be very like Mamma.With perhaps a few more goals.
I loved Mama, probably one of our most underrated players, even to this day, IMO

If young Oliver is anywhere near as good, I'll be chuffed.

I loved Mama, probably one of our most underrated players, even to this day, IMO

If young Oliver is anywhere near as good, I'll be chuffed.
Strangely just before with signed Mamma.We got goldfish for my son .He was never really into football but named one of them Seebee (He was very young and always fond of animals).I always thought it was a good omen.Sidibe was a favourite of mine before he had even kicked a ball.