New signing today | Vital Football

New signing today

Striker from Northampton Town! I knew they had offered him a new contract! Im not too far from Northampton so had seen a Chronicle report in the press!

Northampton seem sorry to see him go. Rejected a contract with them. Unbeatable in the air on his day apparently......

Striker from Northampton. Any good?

His record suggests not. 26 goals in last 5 seasons playing for York, Notts County, Morecambe and Northampton. Is that REALLY the best we can do? I'll give anyone a chance, but that is one uninspiring signing.

The Eaves comparison is valid though. Here's hoping...

Hard working with an excellent attitude apparently but doesn't score many goals.... direct replacement for Hanlan it seems.

Happy to trust Evans on this one. The fact that Northampton tried to re-sign him and we got him is a more positive sign as we can clearly outgone others in the division. Augers well, so more of the same, please.

I’m more than happy to give anyone a fair crack of the whip when they are in a Gills shirt.
Who knows, we could have another Tom Eaves on our hands who just clicks with the team.

What you don’t get in goals you get a great attitude and willingness to fight for the shirt!

The general opinion from the Northampton Town forum/ facebook was he didn’t score many goals, but was vital to the way Keith Curle wanted to play! The fact they wanted him to stay on a new deal and he has decided to join a club with fuck all money says a lot about the person as well as the player!