new signing to be announced today | Page 6 | Vital Football

new signing to be announced today

You sound like a right little thug as a teenager.Maybe you needed a Steve Evans type to sort you out.Was the guy you kicked OK.

I was playing for Medway 71, and we were tough. I asked the ref to send off the opposition player, as he prevented me from scoring a cracking goal. Obstruction in anyone's book!

Makes me wonder if you signed for my team. I used to help run a piss poor pub team who never had XI players for the Sunday. We signed this one bloke on the Friday to make up the numbers. Ten minutes in he had a flare up with one of their players and drop kicked him the throat. Red card and the words "I want to appeal that" as he trudged off.

Glad I am well out of local football.

Was it The Bounty in Strood? To be fair to me, the ball was coming from behind and my intention was to volley it. The other player was going to header the ball away. Just an accident!

Was it The Bounty in Strood? To be fair to me, the ball was coming from behind and my intention was to volley it. The other player was going to header the ball away. Just an accident!

No it was the Prince of Wales in Rochester (cecil road), gone now. The new landord wanted a team. I said to him look around the pub, do you see a football team ? He was adamant though, so we formed one and he moaned like anything when we got beat. He used to say "do you think Alex Ferguson would tolerate this". We used to laugh so much. It was a like a black comedy.

We never did appeal the red card and that player has the record of :

Played 1 Goals 0 Assists 0 Red Cards 1

No it was the Prince of Wales in Rochester (cecil road), gone now. The new landord wanted a team. I said to him look around the pub, do you see a football team ? He was adamant though, so we formed one and he moaned like anything when we got beat. He used to say "do you think Alex Ferguson would tolerate this". We used to laugh so much. It was a like a black comedy.

Maybe this is him.

Gerardo Bedoya

Former Colombian international Gerardo Bedoya is football's is first on list of players with the most red cards. The defensive midfielder, who played for Racing, Millionarios, Boca Juniors and the Colombian national team was sent off a staggering 46 times.

I used to drink in the POW in the early 80s sometimes, when one of my sister's live in Cecil Road. Too many pubs gone to the wall!
I used watch games at the park opposite The Bounty on Sunday mornings, and sometimes be asked to play if a team was short. I'd agree, as long as I was subbed at 11:50 so I could make the pub by opening time. Never wore a kit that fitted me!

I used to drink in the POW in the early 80s sometimes, when one of my sister's live in Cecil Road. Too many pubs gone to the wall!
I used watch games at the park opposite The Bounty on Sunday mornings, and sometimes be asked to play if a team was short. I'd agree, as long as I was subbed at 11:50 so I could make the pub by opening time. Never wore a kit that fitted me!

I am guessing this would have been late eighties. It was a decent boozer in its time. Hope we don't see to many more go to the wall due to Covid.

Anyone know if the Man of Kent in Troytown re-opened ? That's one of my favourites but next to impossible to SD in there I should imagine. Got a small garden

I am guessing this would have been late eighties. It was a decent boozer in its time. Hope we don't see to many more go to the wall due to Covid.

Anyone know if the Man of Kent in Troytown re-opened ? That's one of my favourites but next to impossible to SD in there I should imagine. Got a small garden

It was the early 80s I went in there, 1982-1984. I used to drink in a lot of pubs around that area with my brother-in-law.
The strong beer in the MoK! I went in there after an away game with a couple of mates, and had three pints of Tripple Vision, 14% cider. I said to my mates I was going for a bus, but as soon as I got outside, I knew I needed a cab!

I hope SE reads this board. A few of us maybe getting a message from him tomorrow!

I was playing for Medway 71, and we were tough. I asked the ref to send off the opposition player, as he prevented me from scoring a cracking goal. Obstruction in anyone's book!

I played for Medway 71 back in the day (U14s or 16s I think).

Other than that I only played football at Primary school (deadly top-scoring inside left). My teenage and early 20’s I spent in the pub, watching Gills and chasing the ladies unsuccessfully. No time to play football, but cricket was my go in the summer.

Then when my kids started playing junior football here in Oz I was roped into the dads team of overaged beer bellies. Played for 2 seasons aged 40+ (scored fairly well again) and that was it. Such a promising career sadly ended on far flung fields.

By the way, the team my kids and me played for could have been on that funny name thread. Mooroondu FC. Pretty usual sort of name over here tho.

I played for Medway 71 back in the day (U14s or 16s I think).

Other than that I only played football at Primary school (deadly top-scoring inside left). My teenage and early 20’s I spent in the pub, watching Gills and chasing the ladies unsuccessfully. No time to play football, but cricket was my go in the summer.

Then when my kids started playing junior football here in Oz I was roped into the dads team of overaged beer bellies. Played for 2 seasons aged 40+ (scored fairly well again) and that was it. Such a promising career sadly ended on far flung fields.

By the way, the team my kids and me played for could have been on that funny name thread. Mooroondu FC. Pretty usual sort of name over here tho.

I played football all through my school years. Always playing, with whatever was at hand. Or feet... I played for Medway 71 for nearly two seasons, but I got fed up with playing on a Saturday. When I got suspended I went out Friday night and watched The Gills on Saturdays. I wasn't serious into playing football, and would prefer a knock about with mates. The only time I played serious after that, was when we went to Butlins!
Don't think I could play for a team in my forties. Too many late nights, even though I don't have a beer belly. Not sure I could run the full length of a pitch now lol
(ignore the last part SE)

Don't think I could play for a team in my forties. Too many late nights, even though I don't have a beer belly. Not sure I could run the full length of a pitch now lol
(ignore the last part SE)

First training session I turned up to, we went through a short warm up session, then, trying to impress I made a quick darting run after a ball and pulled both my quad muscles (I think it was them).

Couldn’t lift either leg up in front of myself for 2 weeks! Walking around like I was wearing a suit of armour.

From then on my training sessions were 30 mins warm up, 15 mins training, 15 mins warm down 👍

First training session I turned up to, we went through a short warm up session, then, trying to impress I made a quick darting run after a ball and pulled both my quad muscles (I think it was them).

Couldn’t lift either leg up in front of myself for 2 weeks! Walking around like I was wearing a suit of armour.

From then on my training sessions were 30 mins warm up, 15 mins training, 15 mins warm down 👍

My warm up was just me rubbing my legs, and then stretching. Never stretch when your muscles are cold! I never ran when warming up, unless it was a team thing. Got plugged out too soon! Apart from bruises, I never had an injury :-)

No wonder you couldn't chase the ladies!