new signing to be announced today | Page 5 | Vital Football

new signing to be announced today

Agree 100% with everything OSK has said there. It's absolutely nothing against Fuller, but there's no room for sentiment in football, and Evans has made his decision. And if Fuller can prove him wrong for another year, well then we'll have 2 very good options available to us for RB next season.

I'll be just happy for us to put out a team out next season! I'm an unfit 54 year old, but if it means us having a team next season, I'll buy a pair of boots 🙂

Not entirely.Fuller has a option to stay.
I didn’t mean whether he stays or not.
That’s clearly up to him as he has a watertight contract.
I actually meant whether he would play or not.
That is the manager’s choice.
He may do a Winston Borgarde or may look to get a contract elsewhere.
If I was Barry, I’d hedge my bets and if a two year offer at a lower level came in and it was quite local, I’d take it.
If he’s not playing regularly, his match fitness will drop off very quickly at his age.

I agree that Barry has been a good servant to the club, and if he stays I have no problem with that. I do worry that he started to look tired toward the end of last season, with the shortened season requiring a couple of games a week every week

Is this a serious comment? Do we really need to remind you of the many many hundreds and thousands of players who successfully move up from league 2 to league 1. Particularly those who already have experience playing in league 1 (with us too!), and particularly those that have been stand out players for successful league 2 teams too.

Seriously wx do you just have a book of moronic Arsenal fan tv style cliches?

If you dont feel he's good enough for various reasons, state that and back it up with evidence/facts. But to discount a player apparently purely because they came from a league 2 team is mad.

Glad Scally didnt think that about Eaves.

With Evans constantly quoting "young signings" etc this makes no sense. Younger than Barry yes but not many others.

I generally think players normally find their level. Maybe league one and two are nearly identical.

I also remember thinking the player "went missing" quite often last time around. Is he better than Fuller - maybe. But Fuller has the right to sit on his one year extension and not do a lot so budget is also an issue here.

Being as we don't have 11 players yet I think that is a bit of a put down.Unless of course LSB2 can only play at right back.

I used to play right wing. Get a forward in the box, and I'll get a cross to them. Well I used to, about 40 years ago!

I used to play right wing. Get a forward in the box, and I'll get a cross to them. Well I used to, about 40 years ago!
You gave up as a teenager?I think it is a bit late for a come back.At least I was 29 when I stopped playing regularly.

You gave up as a teenager?I think it is a bit late for a come back.At least I was 29 when I stopped playing regularly.

I gave up at 17! I got sent off in a game for kicking another player in the throat. I was volleying the ball, and he got in the wayl! I enjoyed the pub so much whilst suspended, I wasn't interested in starting on the bench again a team from Luton (Chatham)

I gave up at 17! I got sent off in a game for kicking another player in the throat. I was volleying the ball, and he got in the wayl! I enjoyed the pub so much whilst suspended, I wasn't interested in starting on the bench again a team from Luton (Chatham)
You sound like a right little thug as a teenager.Maybe you needed a Steve Evans type to sort you out.Was the guy you kicked OK.

Gave up at 24.My wife came to watch me once. I scored a goal. Sent over a pinpoint cross for a headed goal by our striker then went up for a header and was knocked out for a couple of minutes.

My wife missed all 3 incidents. No excuses then - before mobile phones. So at 24 I retired!

Makes me wonder if you signed for my team. I used to help run a piss poor pub team who never had XI players for the Sunday. We signed this one bloke on the Friday to make up the numbers. Ten minutes in he had a flare up with one of their players and drop kicked him the throat. Red card and the words "I want to appeal that" as he trudged off.

Glad I am well out of local football.