New Season | Vital Football

New Season

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
I must admit there have been times when I doubted the National League season would kickoff in 2020. Nevertheless here we go for another year of opportunity, heartache, frustration and for us Poolies (hopefully) elation.

My hope for the season is fairly limited in that we reach the end of it without the acrimony and upheaval experienced in previous seasons. Though being in the mix for promotion would be a welcome boost!

With no fans and the Covid threat, I must admit I am not as excited about this new season as I usually am. I keep wondering if it will all be halted by the government or by too many National League clubs going bust. I just have this sense of insecurity. All my life, football was a certainty now it isn't. Anyway, fingers crossed and lets hope the torrential rain does not cause a postponement today.

The only certainty us Poolies have had in our lives has usually been that we were going to be disappointed.

True but the fact the games would be played regardless of the results was rarely in doubt. At the current time most things seem to be up in the air including how the NL season will pan out. We might get to December and be faced with a countrywide lockdown for all we know with all sport cancelled. I'm praying it wont be so.