new season | Page 3 | Vital Football

new season

I see already that the Pink Un are saying that DF will be made to sweat over the fitness of some of his players in the new season as there could be 9 players on international duty.

Season hasn't started and we are having to worry already.

What a love in with McLean ! Nobody at Archant seems to remember his useless part in the worst relegation and season our club has suffered since our formation in 1902 . He is crap and so are most of the others who dished up the embarrassing and horrific relegation . They should stop their admiration of second rate players, as it will get us no-where except to encourage us to believe that football garbage like McLean produced is somehow acceptable

Byram injury sounds bad and it's his second sat back from the original injury. I hope this will not be an on going thing. Right back we have Mumba and Aarons (if he stays) left back Lewis (if he stays) and McCallum. I think another full back might be needed if Lewis and Aarons go and byram can't stay fit.

Pink un confirm that DF and Webber not looking for a GK. They are happy with Krul, McGovern and Mair.

Is it just me or is that a tad silly? In the championship Krul's form dropped as he had no good competitor for his role. Last s3ason most pundits were saying Krul's form improved because he had a gk in Fahrmann who'd push him.....So DF and Webber have learnt nothing and are happy to go back to what we had in championship in the GK department....I'm confused.

Dates released

1st game of the season is set to take place on Saturday, September 5 in the first round of the Carabao Cup. The draw for that fixture will take place on Sky Sports on Tuesday, August 18th.

The semi final will no longer be over 2 legs.

The dates for the 2020-21 Carabao Cup are as follows:

Round One - September 5, 2020 (alternative dates may apply)
Round Two - September 15/16, 2020
Round Three - September 22/23, 2020
Round Four - September 29/30, 2020
Round Five - December 22/23, 2020
Semi-finals - January 5/6, 2021 (tie to be played at the venue of club drawn out first)
Final - February 28, 2021

The dates for the 2020-21 EFL Trophy are as follows:

Matchday 1 - September 8/9 2020 Matchday 2 - October 6/7 2020 Matchday 3 - November 10/11 2020
Round of 32 - December 8/9 2020
Round of 16 - January 12/13 2021
Quarter-finals - February 2/3 2021
Semi-finals - February 16/17 2021
Final - March 14 2021

Championship begins Saturday, September 12, and will conclude on May 8-9 in 2021. The Sky Bet Play-Off Finals will take place at Wembley Stadium over the Spring Bank Holiday weekend of May 29-31.

The full fixture schedule for the Championship will be released on Friday, August 21 at 9am.

Placheta has been called up for the Poland U21 side to face Estonia U21s and then Russia U21s . This means he will not be able to play for us in the Carling Cup (League Cup). I can't see why they are playing all these international games too. Why not cancel the internationals until next year?

It could mean -

Placheta - Godfrey - Aarons - Cantwell are all on international duty and miss that cup match. I am not sure if Idah plays for the u21 Ireland squad.

Pink un confirm that DF and Webber not looking for a GK. They are happy with Krul, McGovern and Mair.

Is it just me or is that a tad silly? In the championship Krul's form dropped as he had no good competitor for his role. Last s3ason most pundits were saying Krul's form improved because he had a gk in Fahrmann who'd push him.....So DF and Webber have learnt nothing and are happy to go back to what we had in championship in the GK department....I'm confused.

I'm confused as I thought is was Barden as no 3. Muir is highly rated too.