new season | Vital Football

new season

FCBEARS

Vital Football Legend
The new season will commence on the 12th September 2020.

It will conclude on the 8th / 9th May 2021 with the playoffs in the Spring Bank Holiday weekend at the end of May.

That’s a lot of games to squeeze into an 8 month season ! Will be interesting to see the fixture list .

I'm not sure if we will make the play offs. I hope we sign an experienced championship/ league 1 player and a strong leader type.

I think it will be another season like DFs 1st season and well be ending up in like 9th. If most of the players stay and we aren't in the top 3 by January then there could be a lot of movement and our season could be completely derailed.

If DF does the same mentality of training ground passing and back to Krul just to get the possession % up with no bite up front and a leaky defence and wanting to walk the ball into the net, you can forget next season already - the frustration of watching that shite is not worth the aggravation and the other managers will be well aware of it all now too. The not so strong will basically sit back with 11 defenders and wait get a point whilst we jolly ourselves practicing kicking and the good teams will hold us out and tear us apart..
The signings are a little strange at the mo - more coming in, not seemingly bolster Prem level which is what we need for the top of Champ, not L1 for a test of if the can raise their game
Where's our version of De Bruyne coming from?

I'm glad that wretched season is over, losing all the last games aside it really wasn't football with empty grounds - if fans cannot be in the grounds for the start of next season it shouldn't go ahead and I won't have any interest still... I'm still behind DF but next season is now crucial, if we are not at least in the top 6 mix by the end of the first 10 games then some serious questions about his position should then be asked!

I'm glad that wretched season is over, losing all the last games aside it really wasn't football with empty grounds - if fans cannot be in the grounds for the start of next season it shouldn't go ahead and I won't have any interest still... I'm still behind DF but next season is now crucial, if we are not at least in the top 6 mix by the end of the first 10 games then some serious questions about his position should then be asked!

I am asking serious questions now after the the worst and most humiliating period in our whole history since 1902 . How the hell have Fark Up and Webber got away with that ?

I am asking serious questions now after the the worst and most humiliating period in our whole history since 1902 . How the hell have Fark Up and Webber got away with that ?

I think serious questions should be asked about Webber in this moment of time - and the owners. I don't see any manager in the world that would have kept us up though. A championship (and a young, inexperienced one at that) squad without any further strengthening left to fend for themselves in the PL was always going to struggle. The jury is now out and next season is a deciding one for me but I'll support them still for now.

Agreed Nathan. They were sent out on an almost impossible task BUT DF did not help himself with odd team selections and bizarre substitutions.
Also with a bit of luck and VAR going our way we should have been right in the mix come covid re start. It was only then that the lack of signings and experience really began to show in such a big way.

As it stands we could be lining up:

Krul

Byram
Hanley
Zimmermann
McCallum

Tettey
Sorensen

Hernandez
Dowell
Placheta

Pukki