New Season New Faces Same Old Disappointment | Vital Football

New Season New Faces Same Old Disappointment

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Foolish of me I know but I thought we might win today. Early days, I know but talk about coming down to Earth with a bump. Anyone at the game today? I would be very interested in your views about the first two Sutton goals. Why weren't the crosses stopped and why didn't the centre halves stop Beautyman from scoring two headers? Were the goals a result of bad defending or opposition too good for us?

About the match today, I'm afraid the less said the better......but early days, as you say.

Beautyman's second goal was a shot.
For me it was déjà vu, Pools slow playing the ball out from the back getting caught in possession in dangerous areas. Young Critchlow-Noble frequently found himself trying to mark 2 player's as midfield failed to track back.
A distinct lack of pace in wide forward areas coupled with lack of ability to go past a player. Poor crosses into the box and a lack of ariel threat.
Sutton were well versed in the "dark arts", going down easily, time wasting by the goalkeeper, etc. - but we know this is how it works in this League, but haven't wised up to it, or taken advantage of it.

I'm afraid on this showing it is going to be another long frustrating season of under achievement!