New Season, New Competition - Prediction League 2020-21 | Vital Football

New Season, New Competition - Prediction League 2020-21

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Right, looking like I'm stepping up to the mark to manage this years competition.
Thanks to previous hosts.

Using Abel's rules from 2011!!!

1. Predictions must be made in the relevant thread at least one hour before kick-off. Any predictions made after this deadline will be null and void.

2. Predictions for home games should be made thus:

Blackpool - Away Team
e.g. Blackpool 1-0 Preston
First BFC goalscorer:

Any predictions not submitted in this manner will be declared null and void.

3. Predictions for away games should be made thus:

Home Team - Blackpool
e.g. Preston 0-1 Blackpool
First BFC goalscorer:

Any predictions not submitted in this manner will be declared null and void.

3. In the event of a postponement or abandonment, all predictions will be declared null and void.

4. Points will be awarded thus:

Correct result and scoreline: 3 points
Correct result but incorrect scoreline: 1 point

Correct first BFC goalscorer/correctly predicting no BFC goalscorer: 1 point

5. The table will be updated as soon as possible after every game.

6. Any questions or queries should be directed to the Editors.

7. The Editors' decisions are final.

For 2020-21 to clarify the issue around own goals - as with the bookies own goals don't count. If Pool's first goal is an own goal then this will not count, it must be a Pool player to score a Pool goal.

Secondly I am seeing if there is any interest in awarding 3 additional points for guessing the minute of the first goal, regardless of which teams scores, in scoring games ONLY.

The minute will be defined by the minute recorded of the goal using the official BFC twitter site.

For the first goal scored in injury time of the first half 45 mins would be the time recorded, and vice versa in injury time at the end of the game 90 mins would be the time recorded.

If you are guessing 0-0 as a score, it would be advisable to put down a minute for the first goal as a back up. If the game finishes 0-0 there would be no goal however NO additional points awarded.
People may think this is offering 2 chances for people guessing 0-0, however only a small number of Pool games ended 0-0 last season and for the time of first goal scored points this should be an option despite predicting 0-0.

For any cup games that have the potential to go in to extra time, for the purpose of 3 additional time of goal scored points this will end at 90, regardless if a goal is scored in injury time.

It makes sense in my head - if there is no appetite for the time of goal scored I won't go for it.

Quick show of hands before 1200 hrs tomorrow (Fri 28th) will decide this.

Finally to try and encourage some additional entries there will be a first prize awarded this year of a £50 club shop voucher - I know, more £ then sense....

POLL on 100% football page for voting on time scored yes / no

Last edited:
In cup games with extra time potential will the score at the end of normal time count as the score for prediction purposes?

Well volunteered Sexy Boy. I must add that I'm not in favor of the time that a goal is scored. If it's not broken don't fix it or add further complications to a proved and tested method of point scoring. Sorry, that's my view. :clown:

Last edited:
Yep let's keep the rules simple and consistent 3 points for correct score, 1 point for correct result and bonus point for first scorer