New Season Ahead 16/17 | Page 18 | Vital Football

New Season Ahead 16/17

CELTIC starting XI v Hapoel Be'er Sheva:

Gordon; Janko, Lustig, Toure, Tierney; Brown, Bitton, McGregor; Forrest, Griffiths, Sinclair

Subs: De Vries, Izaguirre, Dembele, Armstrong, Rogic, Roberts, Sviatchenko

Goal for Beer Sheva...Brown beaten in the air from a corner.

They're up for this but we need to weather the storm. It feels like we're not able to press and push them back at all yet. Getting caught narrow and they're using the full width of the pitch!
We can't get the ball to stick in their half of the pitch at all!

Evening Tic!

Can't help but feel we should be 4-4-2 tonight! We are being overloaded in the wide areas because of their system, our wingers are having to do a lot more work!

McGregor is non-existent in the game so far!

Starting to get a little bit of possession now, that's what we need!

It's a BIG pitch tonight.....seems to be a LOT of space!

wee_od_88 - 23/8/2016 20:10

Evening Tic!

Can't help but feel we should be 4-4-2 tonight! We are being overloaded in the wide areas because of their system, our wingers are having to do a lot more work!

Agree. Evening mate :emoticon:14

Melikson has had to go off for Beer Sheva. Not a bad thing from our point of view because he's been dangerous.

Really dangerous free-kick from Beer Sheva there, nobody was really close to it but Gordon didn't command and deal with it!

They are essentially playing 3 up front which is occupying all of our defenders. Then they push forward with their fullbacks and other midfielders as well and we're left struggling!
Rodgers needs to make changes, and Janko is the one who needs to go off! Getting beaten too often, making mistakes and Lustig isn't looking too comfortable at CB tonight, Toure is having to deal with problems all over the place! Problem is....is Sviatchenko ready to return? Been on the bench recently but we've not got him on to play!

HT 3-5

BR needs to rethink this. They're playing thru us at will. Shape wrong. Hook Janko for Erik and move Lustig to RB.

Rogic needs to replace the empty jersey that is McGregor.

The shape needs to be more compact.

Totally agree Tic! It's not working. We got a break when Melikson went off but it's not enough, they'll recharge and come at us pretty hard at the start of the 2nd half! We're getting moved all over the pitch, they're playing it side to side very quickly and catching us on the overlaps. Griffiths is isolated up front, there's no physical presence up there to keep hold of the ball.

I think we had to change the shape right from the start. I think it was supposed to be a simple 4-3-3 but it quickly had to turn into a 4-4-1-1 because Forrest and Sinclair were having to drop so deep to defend.

OH FOR FUCK SAKE! Janko you tool! Gordon should have done better, clear Janko out if he needs to but come on guys, got to do better right at the start of the fucking half!

Another chance! Free man at the back post! Tierney pulled out initially, then a player makes a run to pull Toure out, Janko is marking a man and Lustig just stays in the middle while the Hapoel player peels off him to the back post. Thankfully he tried to knock it back into the middle instead of controlling and shooting!

This is fucking hopeless!

Forrest went off at half time, I can only assume that's an injury problem. Rogic is on, I think he can make a difference but it should have been McGregor going off.

Now Dembele is replacing Griffiths, I've no idea why!

Another nearly opportunity! They're pulling us all over the place and just simply running in behind! It's TOO easy! This is horrific to watch!

Good play from Dembele! Works hard to win the ball, then get's up and is free on the left wing, Rogic slides it through, Dembele stands up the defenderl, cuts inside and tries to curl it to the far post. Just wide! Much better play though!

Latest Celtic News