New Rules | Page 2 | Vital Football

New Rules

I have seen ultra slow motion footage from another angle now of Jesus's non goal. A City player nudges the ball with his arm into the path of Jesus who shoots and scores. It's definitely against the new rules and I'm not even sure it wasn't deliberate.

I got it wrong, I thought the hand ball was a deflection off the shot but it's earlier in the phase.
It was Laporte who handled it with Skip alongside him . Some on here have blamed Ndombele for not getting involved but he didn’t have a chance

I have seen ultra slow motion footage from another angle now of Jesus's non goal. A City player nudges the ball with his arm into the path of Jesus who shoots and scores. It's definitely against the new rules and I'm not even sure it wasn't deliberate.

I got it wrong, I thought the hand ball was a deflection off the shot but it's earlier in the phase.
That’s an interesting phrase Nick , the Non Goal. We should start a league table for non goals , maybe award a Non-Ballon Dor !
There should be a separate award for the Non Golden Boot . Players could vie for the highest number of Non Assists. What do you reckon.
Non Strikers could be the next highest paid players :wahey::innocent:

That’s an interesting phrase Nick , the Non Goal. We should start a league table for non goals , maybe award a Non-Ballon Dor !
There should be a separate award for the Non Golden Boot . Players could vie for the highest number of Non Assists. What do you reckon.
Non Strikers could be the next highest paid players :wahey::innocent:

And then really hope Aguerro, Salah or Jesus win it.

Anyone seen the Glentorran player ignore the refs instruction to leave the pitch by the shortest route . He had already been booked during the game . The ref clearly told him where to exit the pitch , but he just carried on heading towards the bench across the pitch. He was booked a second time and sent off .

Going back to the wonderful new laws introduced last summer .
in yesterday’s game v city , Steven Bergwijn was clearly in a bit of distress with his injury and was being substituted, after being assessed by the medics , so started to walk/limp off across the pitch , but was directed back by Mike Dean to exit the pitch by the nearest line , ie the east side and then walk all around the ground (with an injury. ) .............. does this law still operate if you are being carried off ? ....... doesn’t matter ! The law was obviously introduced to speed up play , although nobody but nobody can ask the medics to speed up their treatment time .

From almost the identical distance from the west side touch line , the man city defender was sent off but was allowed to delay his departure by standing there looking bemused and aghast and then allowed to trudge off across the width of the pitch .
We do have some ridiculous thought processes going on there. Does this new law not apply there . Can you “legally” take your time , once you have been sent off . Do you not have to follow the same law as a substituted player ? I really don’t understand.
By the way , does any body actually know if Eric Lamela is still the only player to be booked for taking the longer exit whilst being substituted in the PL ? More to the point is it actually a cautionable offence ? In some games , apparently , it has been agreed to not enforce this brilliant new law because of player safety !
Do the authorities have the power to do that , caution someone for it one week and agree not to even enforce it the next . Bizarre .
It’s a funny old game

Are you all au-fait ? Some interesting implications I spotted.

Goalkeepers must have one foot on the line at point of impact of the ball with penalties.
I think it will be harder to save pens.

Free kick walls can only have opposition lining up in them, team taking the free kick have to be a meter away from the wall.
Harder to score free kicks.

I won't list them all and leave it for discussion.
Regarding the penalties, the English refereeing body said at the start of the season that they are not going to rigidly enforce ths rule.

Anybody else think the new laws introduced at the end of last season have been a complete waste of time.
Goal kicks not leaving the area ,,,,,, pointless .
Handball ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, causing more confusion than its worth ,
Penalties and goalkeepers , ,,,,,,,,,,,, being ignored .
Subs going off at shortest route ......subjective as to who , what , when , where and how .
All in my opinion if course.

Watched the Wolves game and the disallowed goal sums up that the Referee's association are full of hubris. Loved Wolves they all look super fit they won all 50 50s and it was only Mike Dean that frustrated them. He ignored so many Leicester fouls and Leicester dives and he took to playing advantages to Wolves to avoid booking Leicester foulers. Vardy showed nothing, if Kano had shown so much fear of the Wolves defenders he would have been crucified on here. Jiminez was awful on the night. The absolute star was Traore as sub; he was unplayable and subject to constant wrestling. He can do smart lay offs and seemingly he cannot be dispossessed.

Watched the Wolves game and the disallowed goal sums up that the Referee's association are full of hubris. Loved Wolves they all look super fit they won all 50 50s and it was only Mike Dean that frustrated them. He ignored so many Leicester fouls and Leicester dives and he took to playing advantages to Wolves to avoid booking Leicester foulers

What's interesting is that's exactly what Saints did to us in the first game with Dean in charge. However, you portray Wolves as last night's victims and I believe you even though I didn't watch the game. However, it is exactly what Wolves did to us. They dragged us down multiple times when we were about to counter and never got booked until late in the second half. In fact Neves never even got the card the entire game. None of this makes it OK for the refs though. They're just ruining football by not dishing out the fouls and cards.

The new rules are so insignificant compared to the biggest root cause out there at the moment and it's not VAR.