New Rules | Vital Football

New Rules

Nick Real Deal

Vital Football Legend
Are you all au-fait ? Some interesting implications I spotted.

Goalkeepers must have one foot on the line at point of impact of the ball with penalties.
I think it will be harder to save pens.

Free kick walls can only have opposition lining up in them, team taking the free kick have to be a meter away from the wall.
Harder to score free kicks.

I won't list them all and leave it for discussion.

Was an interesting moment in the Inter match on Sunday. Craig Pawson got in the way and allowed turnover from Spurs to Inter. Instead of stopping play and playing a drop ball to us, he just let them gain the advantage.

Was an interesting moment in the Inter match on Sunday. Craig Pawson got in the way and allowed turnover from Spurs to Inter. Instead of stopping play and playing a drop ball to us, he just let them gain the advantage.

No more drop balls apparently, ref will just give the ball back to the team who had possession last.

No more drop balls apparently, ref will just give the ball back to the team who had possession last.

lol - apparently the ball is going to be dropped and still called a Dropped Ball even though not competed.

Dropped ball - Laws 8 & 9
Changes
  • If play is stopped inside the penalty area, the ball will be dropped for the goalkeeper
  • If play is stopped outside the penalty area, the ball will be dropped for one player of the team that last touched the ball at the point of the last touch
  • In all cases, all the other players (of both teams) must be at least 4m (4.5yds) away
  • If the ball touches the referee (or another match official) and goes into the goal, team possession changes or a promising attack starts, a dropped ball is awarded

Short goal kick is going to be interesting .
Penalty kicks assisted by VAR is going to interesting even though PL are saying it won’t be used . Yeah really .
Defensive walls are going to be almost impossible for refs to manage .
Substitute removals will continue to be abused .

Remember the rules regarding how long goalkeepers can keep the ball?
And the rule about hassling referees ?
And the rule about giving advantage to attacking players when considering offside ?
And the rule about gaining territorial advantage when taking throw ins , in fact almost every rule that applies to taking a throw in.

Interesting times

Worrying if he doesn’t know the rules

I heard Lamela got booked v Villa, for not taking the shortest route off the pitch when subbed @ 88 mins!. You'd have thought someone may have advised him.

I heard Lamela got booked v Villa, for not taking the shortest route off the pitch when subbed @ 88 mins!. You'd have thought someone may have advised him.

Stupid for ref to card him....it was 3-0, the game was not longer in question, we were at home, let him have a good run off. Dumbass ref in my opinion.

The Eriksen free kick was interesting. The ref had to spray 2 white lines, one for our players 1 meter in front of their wall and one for them. Our players parted a la Moses and Eriksen hit it between them.Our players shielded the shot from their wall and the keeper. It was predictable but such was Eriksens execution Heaton still struggled to save it.

I thought we should have had 2 pens , both turned down, one was a raised arm handball, the other a clear leg contact foul in the box. Both were called as pens by commentator and pundits and looked pens to me.

Have you ever seen a more ridiculous scenario . The ref having to paint two white lines for a free kick .
It’s going to end with the crowd being asked “ can you see what it is yet? “ or Banksy dashing on for a cameo appearance.
These rule changes really should have been thought through .
The keeper is normally in charge of the wall. If he sees that sissoko is lining up to take it , the keeper might decide he only needs two in the wall and we are therefore allowed to put our players IN the wall and one or two in row z to bring the ball back . Suddenly, Eriksen steps up to take it , the keeper says to put four in the wall , we therefore cannot have players IN the wall but can have players one metre away . Ref then paints the extra line and the players all step forward and the bloke on the Public Address system gets his Hokey Cokey record out ?. Not sure how many times the attacking team can change the kicker or how long the the routine can go on for .
If the defending team puts an extra man in the wall just as the ball is being kicked and the ball goes in the net but we have “now illegal” players in the wall , then what happens . I suppose VAR will sort it out .
Whatever happened to the beautiful game or as Greavesie always put it , it’s a funny old game ( not our greavesie , the proper Greavesie , sorry greavesie )

Are you all au-fait ? Some interesting implications I spotted.

Goalkeepers must have one foot on the line at point of impact of the ball with penalties.
I think it will be harder to save pens.

Free kick walls can only have opposition lining up in them, team taking the free kick have to be a meter away from the wall.
Harder to score free kicks.

I won't list them all and leave it for discussion.

How can this be? What if the keeper is diving to save the ball and has both feet off the ground as he dives to the top corner to attempt the save?

Surely it would be one foot on the line when the ball is kicked????

Did anyone notice that when Aguero was substituted he walked / trotted almost the entire width of the pitch and nothing was said or done by Michael Oliver .
Is Lamela going to be the only one ever booked for flouting this rule . Is it actually a cautionable offence ? .
Is having the wrong players in a wall a cautionable offence ?

On a different note , I really don’t see the positive affect the ball not having to travel outside the area, from a goal kick has .

I have seen ultra slow motion footage from another angle now of Jesus's non goal. A City player nudges the ball with his arm into the path of Jesus who shoots and scores. It's definitely against the new rules and I'm not even sure it wasn't deliberate.

I got it wrong, I thought the hand ball was a deflection off the shot but it's earlier in the phase.