New Rules - Champions League | Vital Football

New Rules - Champions League

Skoorb

Alert Team
UEFA is introducing new rules for next season's Champions League and Europa League competitions re;ating to player eligibility, numbers of substitutes, earlier kick off times, requiring only three Manchester City players to be in the opponent's half any any given time and prohibiting the City goalkeeper from using his hands*

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43555381

* I made some of these up

I can live with the rule changes except the 6pm KO. That to my mind is madness and pathetic.

I remember the days when we were in the Europa League and those were weird KO times. BAH!

With the earlier kick offs I guess the TV companies pay their money and the UEFA/clubs sell their souls/right to protest. Best thing is if fans can't/don't turn up for fixtures.

kennyclementstache - 27/3/2018 17:56

With the earlier kick offs I guess the TV companies pay their money and the UEFA/clubs sell their souls/right to protest. Best thing is if fans can't/don't turn up for fixtures.
Fair point but I simply couldn't live with myself if City were live on the TV and I decided not to tune in. It would send me over the edge, especially when not every City game is on the TV within the UK.

I think earlier kickoff times when we play abroad is sensible, some of these countries are ahead of us time wise and our lads sometimes kickoff 7.45 our time but 9.45 their time, they will have been waiting all day and maybe knackered at that time of night,