New rule : 25-man squad regulation | Page 3 | Vital Football

New rule : 25-man squad regulation

26/01/20
Giles now in, so we are back up to "25" again. If we are planning to sign anybody else, another player has to go out. Possibly Thompson or Clarke?

Thompson (free transfer) and Tilt (loan) moving out, leaves us with two spare places now....

Last edited:
I suppose it depends how serious Chieo's latest set-back is as to whether he will be included as well. I'm hoping he'll be OK in next few weeks but we thought he would be OK by the end of this month didn't we.

Wing in on loan ... back up to 24 now (including Ogbene)... not likely to sign anybody else today, so still room for a free agent if needed (I think!)

Last edited:
Probably more likely to be a replacement for somebody who gets injured, which given our previous injury/illness record, could easily happen (I hope that it doesn't).

Squad now looks a bit light defensively, with Mattock sidelined and several injury-prone players in there, but Cooper and Hull can also play if needed in an emergency. I don't think that the pair have gone out on loan anywhere over the last few days.

Last edited:
No, I've not seen them going anywhere. Just wondering if we can recall any of our loan players if needed - not sure we can.

Don't think we can, plus they won't be in the named "25". Just had another look at the EFL website. Says "25 man squad" must be named within 24 hours of Summer transfer deadline. Can't find anything about that regarding the Winter transfer deadline! I can only assume that we have to submit the names today (02/02/21)... so we will probably be submitting 24 names today, including Ogbene? That EFL website seems to have some important details missing, so let's hope somebody at RUFC is checking with them on all this! Poor guidance from the EFL, and we know they will be happy to deduct points from us for any minor misinterpretation of the rules.

Last edited:
I've found that with other things about the EFL site - things missing or contradicting themselves.

As the teams had been named today and no Wing I'm guessing that we hadn't signed him in time.