New Proposals | Page 5 | Vital Football

New Proposals

Victorian style charity from them. Oh, thank you. I'm so terribly humble and thankful.

I'm with AB on this one

When this is over as it will be, a lot things will have changed. With mass unemployment on the horizon, and domestic costs taking centre stage watching football will be low on most peoples priorities. Sky BT etc will almost certainly take a big hit from loss of subscribers, thereby Premier League clubs will lose on TV payments as will the EFL. As the economy starts to recovers employers will try to be keep earnings as low as possible, this will also reflect on the wages of footballers. The present prices at all levels of tickets will become unsustainable. This could be an opportunity for the game to return to the fans, and reduce the control of the TV companies over the game. There could be a silver lining to this catastrophe.

Lol. AB asked for an example (in a pretty arrogant fashion), got one good one within 7 minutes, and then brilliantly arrogantly ignored it. brilliant.

It does seem to be popular to hate prem teams. Literally everything they do, certain people are desperate to look for the worst in it. Or then moan 'it's not enough'. I think some should be thankful they are keen to help L1 and L2 clubs - rather than insulting them further. I think they have a very good point witholding any help to championship clubs given their very rich owners, but it's clear that they realise L1 and L2 are not in such a position. Their help is gratefully received from me.
Naive.

. The present prices at all levels of tickets will become unsustainable. This could be an opportunity for the game to return to the fans, and reduce the control of the TV companies over the game. There could be a silver lining to this catastrophe.
That's not true though. Sky has already had a hit (income down £500 million in last quarter as there was no sport to watch). The number of subscribers fell by 200,000 which was 1% of the 23 million subscribers. Their income was still way over £3 billion (in a quarter of a year).

The covid unemployment hits 3 main demographics - women (60+ % of unemployment claims), the young, and immigrants. These aren't the demographics that subscribe to sky sports or attend football matches.

People want to go and watch Man Utd, Liverpool, West Ham and Spurs. You might not, but other people do. That's why they can charge what they do, and why their grounds are always at capacity. Fans are desperate to watch their teams again, I promise you that ticket prices will not be coming down

Cash is king

It might be a drop in the ocean to the Premier league but it might be the drop that keeps us going.

I imagine we will find it next to impossible to borrow at anything other than high rates so we might have to accept whatever the future brings. At least we will have a future.

Do we really care if the big six foxtrot Oscar to Europe?

I imagine the Leicesters of the prem league would but do we care ?

Let's just get through this financial crisis as a solvent club.

That's not true though. Sky has already had a hit (income down £500 million in last quarter as there was no sport to watch). The number of subscribers fell by 200,000 which was 1% of the 23 million subscribers.

It is worth being aware that back in May or June Sky froze all Sky Sports subscriptions while people were still able to view the channels showing mainly repeat programmes. People were resubscribed in September. I don't know if this was a reaction to a bunch of people reportedly unsubscribing in April or thereabouts when football stopped. It'll be interesting to see how many of the 200k you mentioned have resubscribed now the football has come back. I suspect not all will, but we might get to see how many only cancelled to save money while the football was off.