New Poll: Do You Think Jorge Grant Should Be In The Starting XI Versus Ipswich Town? Who Would Be In Your Starting XI? | Vital Football

New Poll: Do You Think Jorge Grant Should Be In The Starting XI Versus Ipswich Town? Who Would Be In Your Starting XI?

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Following on from what @sedgleyimp said: "There will obviously be a couple of places in the team where selection isn’t straight forward such as should Bolger be recalled or whether Grant deserves a starting position, but too many changes for this match will significantly reduce the chances of a win."

Do you think Jorge Grant should be in the starting XI versus Ipswich Town? The new poll is available on the link provided below:

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/last-saturday-at-wimbledon-was-typical-of-our-recent-displays/

Who would be in your XI on Saturday?

I would like to see Grant given a few games in the No 10 role. I'm not completely convinced he's a winger, but am convinced he has more than enough ability to be in our starting XI. I accept he scored on Saturday, but Payne has hardly been pulling up any trees in recent weeks (although he isn't a winger either).

On the basis that I would be pretty sure Ipswich WILL rest players, esp having played last night then I would go as strong as possible and try and win the games. It's not as though we are struggling with fixture congestion and too many games in recent weeks either.

Strong team at Portman Road and ring the changes for Tuesday against Rovrum IMO.

Smith
Eards Connoly Shackell Toffs
O'Connor Morrell
Bruno Grant
Hesketh
Walker

Or a 4-3-2-1 formation with Pett playing deep in midfield if he's ready to start?

Tuesday bring in the likes of Lewis, Melbourne, Bolger, Chapman, Pett, Anderson, Payne, Akinde

Having been cited as causing this discussion I suppose I'd better have my say........

I'm not convinced we know what Grant's best position is as yet and his time whilst at loan at County and Stags also showed that he played in several different positions so perhaps even Jorge is trying to work that out himself.

No doubt he is a decent player but I do wonder if having both him and Payne in the same team is one luxury too many. Those type of players are great when the teams flying and results are going your way but less so when you need to battle for every point to stave off the possibility of relegation.

So to get to the point for me at the moment it would be a case of either Payne or Grant in the starting XI but not both and currently Payne is slightly in the box seat for that

.....my team for Saturday.....

Vickers
Eardley Connolly Shackell Toffolo
O Connor Morrell
Anderson Payne Andrade
Walker

I think Connolly has done well enough to keep his spot ahead of Bolger ( who I think can play in this game due to his suspension being competition based) plus Harry A needs a run out and from a defensive point of view backs up Eards quite well

Maybe there aren't enough polls on Vitals. This specific implied questioning of the ability and perhaps attitude of only ONE of our players is thus I feel out of proportion/order.

Maybe there aren't enough polls on Vitals. This specific implied questioning of the ability and perhaps attitude of only ONE of our players is thus I feel out of proportion/order.

It is a new feature, so it'll take time for me to get used to creating polls out of things said in articles, to be fair.

I don't even remember one for John A Akinde, the ultimate LCFC polariser!