New players | Page 9 | Vital Football

New players

I think we should return to the OP , Taking the knee

This thread is about new players.

I agree that it should revert to the original subject.

Perhaps you should never have gotten involved with your unnecessary bromance comment at LSB2 and AFLP's expense?

But yes, let's leave it there if you like, you've shown yourself up enough already.

Night night, sweetheart. x.

This thread is about new players.

I agree that it should revert to the original subject.

Perhaps you should never have gotten involved with your unnecessary bromance comment at LSB2 and AFLP's expense?

But yes, let's leave it there if you like, you've shown yourself up enough already.

Night night, sweetheart. x.

I think I meant thread rather than OP
Your political hijacking of threads is boring.
The last half a dozen (atleast) threads you've started have been non Gills.
I'll leave it there.

Listen - just to clear things up for good - I have nothing against Max. He was at times good for us but left us - after having been offered a new contract - to Gas, probably for a longer contract and more money (allegedly).

Don’t think we offered him a new contract aflp.

At the time we offered no player new contracts due to the Covid uncertainty. Max took the contract offer at Bristol because they did offer, we didn’t at that time. We would have before the season started, but Max (quite rightly imho) couldn’t afford to wait and see.

Hanlan was offered a new contract, because we had to do that to ensure we got compensation when he left.

I’d think it is likely that we will have a couple of keepers before preseason.
More announcements next week according to SE.
He said that once again, we’ll be running on a squad of about 18 or 19.
I noticed Bristol Rovers have 34 in their squad so they will be delighted to have unloaded Max.

A young quality loan keeper on a six month deal .And our own young promising keeper to develop that may or may not be ready to take over in January.

A young quality loan keeper on a six month deal .And our own young promising keeper to develop that may or may not be ready to take over in January.

I reckon any first choice keeper we get will be a permanent or a season long loan not 6 months.

Don’t think you really want to plan around changing keeper in January if you can avoid it. Very important position and could destabilise a whole defence.

I reckon any first choice keeper we get will be a permanent or a season long loan not 6 months.

Don’t think you really want to plan around changing keeper in January if you can avoid it. Very important position and could destabilise a whole defence.
My answer to that would be that there has to be a potentially exciting young keeper out there who perhaps is a bit of a gamble to make him first choice straight away. Let him try to win his place. A few good cup performances and then you throw him in if not you ask the loan club if you can extend. Or simply have a send back clause in the loan deal .The way to get a good loan is offer to start them .The way to get a good young keeper is offer a route into the first team.

My answer to that would be that there has to be a potentially exciting young keeper out there who perhaps is a bit of a gamble to make him first choice straight away. Let him try to win his place. A few good cup performances and then you throw him in if not you ask the loan club if you can extend. Or simply have a send back clause in the loan deal .The way to get a good loan is offer to start them .The way to get a good young keeper is offer a route into the first team.

I'll get my gloves FFS! 🙂

I liked the video and I hope its the start of a new approach but have my doubts.

I hope he stops his digs at fans and continues to build bridges with us.

The cynic in me says we often see positive vibes from scallywag when he looks to promote ticket sales.

Hope I'm wrong.

Looking forward to what the club benefits bring. Sorry - shouldn't be a cynic.

Very understandable reservations. I suffer from irrepressible optimism at this time of year and can't help it.

Changing the subject and getting back to the original thread, are we going to sign a goalkeeper or have a rush goalie?

Would have thought that getting a 1st choice keeper in is a priority. Would like to see a signing prior to fixture release day. Come on Gills, speed it up...

Thinking about the goalie situation, maybe getting Joe Walsh back on a season-loan from QPR is on the cards ? Would we put our faith in a relatively untried keeper ? Could be a smart move ?