New player | Page 6 | Vital Football

New player

Seems unlikely we'd make another loan signing unless one of the other five are going back (or becoming permanent).

The thing is, if we signed him, he would not be allowed to slacken off under Evans. Notice how Mandron was going to be sent out on loan if he didn't knuckle down. Evans unlike a lot of previous managers won't stand for lowering of standards
He should still go out on loan until he learns how to score.

Ditto. Used to rate him but not any more.

Also agree Samuel would be better. He blew hot and cold for us. Evans might well be able to get more out of him. I lovingly recall him nutmegging the Millwall keeper (who should have been sent off a few minutes earlier) at the end of our glorious 3 0 win at the Den in 15/16. A shame so few 'wall fans had stayed long enough to see it.

I'm not expecting us to get a prolific proven goalscorer btw.

Yes, I have to confess I liked him too - thought he was a class act for the short time he was with us - surprised there are quite a few who didn't rate him. I'll never forget that game at Wigan live on Sky, where he scored a well taken goal and then we went 2-0 before the hour. Had we won that, we'd have gone top and about 12 points clear of Wigan, who ultimately got automatic. For me, that was the moment we lost all momentum in what looked like a promotion season - I think even the most pessimistic couldn't have seen us missing the playoffs. A real bitter sweet time that.

I've no idea what he's done since - it seems not much (sounds like in part due to injury). He does fit the bill of the sort of slightly risky, but talented striker, SE could just coax in to being a real winner - he's older and more experienced than when we last had him too. I'd be happy if he signed.

If we were offered a player on loan it would be a tough one for Evans.I doubt there would be a easy option. Jakubiak,Roberts and Lee are all at bigger clubs and no doubt on high wages than we would be willing to pay. That would make any permanent move very much in the hands of the other clubs and players .We are unlikely to keep 6 as the wages would still need to be paid .We already have a potential problem should one of our keepers get banned or injured.I would be suprised if we took Samuel on loan given our current situation. The problem with signing him permanent would be his injury record and the fact that he again would be on a much higher wage at Blackburn.

He does fit the bill - strong enough to be the target man AND can score. Towards the end of his loan spell with us, I did think he looked disinterested. So there may be a bit of an attitude problem. But if anyone can get Samuel playing well over an extended period, it's Evans!

However - I still have a horrible feeling Dom will want more money than Scally is prepared to pay.

Wouldn’t mind both Samuel and Akinde. Would rather we signed those 2 than one and another midfielder we don’t really need.

Njoli has gone to Kilmarnock on loan. Didn't think he was up to league 1 , and in my opinion he never recovered from missing 2 penalties in one game

If you look at TC9 twitter account they don’t make loads of claims, also have over 6000 followers and themselves only follow 2 both sport related companies, separately coupled with another twitter user who claims a car with the number plate DS 14 was seen at the ground over the weekend maybe something in it, but can you trust twitter as something on now supposedly from Steve Evans own account saying he has put offer in for Tom Eaves , now that’s not believable.

If you look at TC9 twitter account they don’t make loads of claims, also have over 6000 followers and themselves only follow 2 both sport related companies, separately coupled with another twitter user who claims a car with the number plate DS 14 was seen at the ground over the weekend maybe something in it, but can you trust twitter as something on now supposedly from Steve Evans own account saying he has put offer in for Tom Eaves , now that’s not believable.
Even if Samuel has been at the club, he still has to agree wages, which will be a difficult task as he willl be coming from Championship wages at Blackburn which we wouldn’t be able to afford.

Even if Samuel has been at the club, he still has to agree wages, which will be a difficult task as he willl be coming from Championship wages at Blackburn which we wouldn’t be able to afford.

what he’s on at Blackburn is largely irrelevant given his contract runs out this summer. We just need to offer something worth taking over the risk of not getting something better elsewhere if he decides to become a free agent and take his chances.

Scottish League seems about the League 1 level (C&R excepted of course) as we've seen with Lee, Hodson, King (although was SL1) and a couple going the other way; so NJ may get more playing time with a little less pressure and be able to develop (if he can) in the way Bournemouth would want; so good luck to the lad - he showed promise here but was squeezed out and should not have been given those penalties which did seem to affect him

I liked Samuel when he was here and was sorry we couldn't get him permanently; but he thought he was a little above our level; but now would be a very good fit to add some skill up front

what he’s on at Blackburn is largely irrelevant given his contract runs out this summer. We just need to offer something worth taking over the risk of not getting something better elsewhere if he decides to become a free agent and take his chances.
What I saw on Facebook was, that we were taking him on loan until the summer and having option to buy. As he's out of contact then, I assume we will agree to pay Blackburn a sum of money if we do keep him, for allowing him to come on loan

What I saw on Facebook was, that we were taking him on loan until the summer and having option to buy. As he's out of contact then, I assume we will agree to pay Blackburn a sum of money if we do keep him, for allowing him to come on loan

Blackburn’s incentive would be to get him off their payroll (either fully or partially).