New player | Page 5 | Vital Football

New player

It was on Facebook earlier. Doubt there's any truth in it though. Probably someone putting it on because Evans was a manager there
Otis Khan is his name

It was on Facebook earlier. Doubt there's any truth in it though. Probably someone putting it on because Evans was a manager there
Otis Khan is his name

Imagine he's got a decent free kick - certainly knows how to "beat the wall". Brownie point for anyone who gets the link....

I've thought for some time that we would be interested in John Akinde, and now I see it's being speculated on Facebook and Twitter. Not sure if he's what we want though, as he's never done much in league one, but maybe it's all we can afford

I've thought for some time that we would be interested in John Akinde, and now I see it's being speculated on Facebook and Twitter. Not sure if he's what we want though, as he's never done much in league one, but maybe it's all we can afford

Yeah, lot of rumours.

I’m not sure about the “all we can afford” bit. If he comes here it will probably require a fee (he’s contracted for 18 months at Lincoln) and he’d probably want a decent wage. The same rumours have him being quite in demand. Plus, he wouldn’t really have a resale value, so it would be money spent “for the now”.

If we could get Dom Samuel here, he might cost a bit (in wages) but you’d imagine, if he was successful here he would definitely have a resale value due to being a lot younger.

If Akinde is the main striker signing we are looking to make then underwhelmed would be an understatement. I'm not even too sure about Dominic Samuel as he's not that profilic but even Samuel would be better than Akinde.

Thing is Bromley, is there anyone you can think of that is proven “prolific” and is remotely affordable? Not only by us, but by most other clubs in L1.

About 7/8 years ago I rated John Akinde but he's not exactly smashing them goals in League one is he? I saw him come on at our place this season as a sub for Lincoln and wasn't impressed although the whole Lincoln team were very poor.

If Akinde is the main striker signing we are looking to make then underwhelmed would be an understatement. I'm not even too sure about Dominic Samuel as he's not that profilic but even Samuel would be better than Akinde.

I thought the same. The fact that he started on the bench for a struggling (certainly in terms of form) Lincoln side and then came on and looked just as useless as the rest of his team (and quite frankly a bit of a lump) doesn't fill me with excite. He does fit the "big man" requirement that we have up front and might take the pressure off of Hanlon, who is having to challenge for a lot of long balls. Maybe he just had an off-day against us, like the rest of the Lincoln team, but his stats wouldn't suggest so. SE knows what he's doing though, so I'd back the lad if we got him - let's not forget the record and first impressions of Eaves when he joined us! As has been said with a low budget (and there is a big question mark as just how low that is), it won't be easy getting that goalscorer/target man that we need mid season. It'll need a gem to be unearthed or SE to get the best out of someone who might not instantly fill us with enthusiasm.

About 7/8 years ago I rated John Akinde but he's not exactly smashing them goals in League one is he? I saw him come on at our place this season as a sub for Lincoln and wasn't impressed although the whole Lincoln team were very poor.

I’m intrigued to know who would satisfy you. I’ve quickly looked through the leading goal scorers in Leagues 1, 2 and the conference. There isn’t anyone that stands out as a ‘proven goal scorer’ to my mind. Who is this magic body .

Ditto. Used to rate him but not any more.

Also agree Samuel would be better. He blew hot and cold for us. Evans might well be able to get more out of him. I lovingly recall him nutmegging the Millwall keeper (who should have been sent off a few minutes earlier) at the end of our glorious 3 0 win at the Den in 15/16. A shame so few 'wall fans had stayed long enough to see it.

I'm not expecting us to get a prolific proven goalscorer btw.

Last edited: