New player | Page 2 | Vital Football

New player

Sears isn't out of favour hes returning from injury. Highly unlikely.

I am encouraged by the underwhelmed bit. It's what I am used to. 😉😂😁

I just want to see someone with a proven eye for goal - ie at least a goal every 4 games

I sort of agree but if you trawl through goalscoring stats then very, very few players score consistently well throughout their career. Some have a few good seasons, others intermittent purple patches. The trick for clubs like ours is to find someone, who has one of those spells in our colours. Super Bob & Tom Eaves are two quite different examples. If you buy a forward in full flow in the January window you pay top dollar.

There must be someone out there, who Evans & Raynor believe they could bring in and who would bring out more from our existing players and chip in himself. That's a compliucated way of saying that the 20+ goal man is beyond us but the guy who, brings an additional 15/20 goals from the forward line in total, is not.

There was a quote from Evans on Twitter saying he was hoping to have a new body on the training ground this afternoon. He didn't say whether it was dead or alive...

A forward, which is positive; plays on the wing. So our target man not yet announced.

Roberts is another who impressed playing under SE at a previous team (Crawley) - bit like Pringle.

He was at Crawley 2016-2018, Evans wasn't there then though.

According to Evans he played against us in the EFL trophy match and was "outstanding".

A forward, which is positive; plays on the wing. So our target man not yet announced.

Roberts is another who impressed playing under SE at a previous team (Crawley) - bit like Pringle.
Jordan Roberts did not join Crawley until about 3/4 years after Evans left .Or am I missing something.

But Pringle can't get a game. Let's hope Roberts can. A bit of a weird signing IMO given SE preferred system seems to be the diamond, but lets hope he's just what we need.

Seems SE refference to Crawley was in that he tried to sign Roberts when Roberts left Crawley but Roberts chose to go to Ipswich.

Last edited:
Gills don’t typically sign big names, but that’s not to say any new additions won’t be any good. I’m looking forward to see what JR can do and I’m quietly confident he’ll be better then Billy King or the lad from Forest Green who’s name I’ve already forgotten. The fact he was signed previously by a then championship club suggest he has some talent and who knows he could thrive in this team.