New player is... | Page 3 | Vital Football

New player is...

We are seriously looking strong, over too you Evans/Rayner, gel these kids together ,for our top three and watch the goals flew.

How many loan signings are we allowed in a match day squad? I think there are six in the squad, unless I've lost count.

Gives the option of playing a three including Ogilvie and Tucker which I like .It also allows Ogilvie to get forward from full back knowing that Tom can cover him.Not as attacking as perhaps Evans wanted but no substitute for quality. Which probably won in the end .Lots of attacking options. In my view O'Connor was improving every game .A player I rate highly so a great bit of business.By the time that the saints boys left I preferred O'Connor to Jones.

How many loan signings are we allowed in a match day squad? I think there are six in the squad, unless I've lost count.
Five we have six .Medley could be most often the odd one out if everyone if fit.If Drysdale lives up to expectations.

Five we have six .Medley could be most often the odd one out if everyone if fit.If Drysdale lives up to expectations.

Could be right there Chris.

I think young Trae Coyle will at least be on the bench each game.

Robertson is a nailed on starter for me, even when Dempsey is back.

Eccles probably on bench once Dempsey is back.

That leaves Medley or Drysdale as likely to miss.
Alzheimer's moment, who’s our 6th loanee? Is MacKenzie on loan? Or MacDonald? Who am I blanking?

Brings the average age down to 23. Love that we have such a young, energetic team. Reminds me of the squad we had under JED when we last challenged so competitively.

Could be right there Chris.

I think young Trae Coyle will at least be on the bench each game.

Robertson is a nailed on starter for me, even when Dempsey is back.

Eccles probably on bench once Dempsey is back.

That leaves Medley or Drysdale as likely to miss.
Alzheimer's moment, who’s our 6th loanee? Is MacKenzie on loan? Or MacDonald? Who am I blanking?
O'Connor

Really? A Coventry loanee (Drysdale) to play ahead of an Arsenal loanee (Medley)?

Having not seen Drysdale yet, I presume you have seen enough of Medley to not be impressed. Arteta must see something in him.

Most of them being kids (both of the above are only 20), I suspect SE will take the opportunity to give them all a rest from the squad, depending on the team shape and injury position.

Several managers, including Evans, have indicated that they expect a greater number of injuries after the disjointed end to last season and start to this. I would expect Evans to make full use of his squad throughout the season to mitigate this situation, even more so after the experiences of Dempsey and O'Keefe.

I think Medley is class, errors of youth naturally, and expect him to improve like the Southampton lads did.

I reckon Woods is less likely to go out on loan at the moment but has anyway done enough to deserve to be in the first team squad.

Really? A Coventry loanee (Drysdale) to play ahead of an Arsenal loanee (Medley)?

Having not seen Drysdale yet, I presume you have seen enough of Medley to not be impressed. Arteta must see something in him.

Most of them being kids (both of the above are only 20), I suspect SE will take the opportunity to give them all a rest from the squad, depending on the team shape and injury position.

Team shape is a biggy. It seems, from comments SE has made repeatedly during his tenure here, that he is an advocate of playing five at the back. Now he has O`Connor on the left it wouldn`t be that surprising to see us regularly spread three centre-halves across the middle. It`s a tactic we could employ repeatedly without losing much in the way of quality as, even accounting fore injury/suspension, we now have five guys all capable of doing a really good job in the middle of our D. Having said that, we are now much improved in terms of getting the ball from out wide into the opposition penalty area, whether we play 5-3-2 or we play 4-4-2. I believe SE and PR know exactly what they`re doing and are setting us up well, the outlook for GFC this season is bright, despite what a few blinkered Blackpool fans think of us......

Team shape is a biggy. It seems, from comments SE has made repeatedly during his tenure here, that he is an advocate of playing five at the back. Now he has O`Connor on the left it wouldn`t be that surprising to see us regularly spread three centre-halves across the middle. It`s a tactic we could employ repeatedly without losing much in the way of quality as, even accounting fore injury/suspension, we now have five guys all capable of doing a really good job in the middle of our D. Having said that, we are now much improved in terms of getting the ball from out wide into the opposition penalty area, whether we play 5-3-2 or we play 4-4-2. I believe SE and PR know exactly what they`re doing and are setting us up well, the outlook for GFC this season is bright, despite what a few blinkered Blackpool fans think of us......

But haven’t we played 4-3-3 in our 2 wins?

I don’t doubt that SE might prefer a 5-3-2, 3-5-2 system. But I think we look a lot better with a 4-3-3 (or 4-5-1 maybe 4-3-2-1 depending how it’s utilised).

What say thee folk?

With our current players, I’d opt for 4-4-1-1 with Samuel dropping off Oliver as the most forward player.
With Graham playing, we have a bit of width.

I'm having trouble fathoming who's going to miss out - this squad feels strong

Glad it's not my decision, but if it were, I'd probably play a 5-5-5 & have a smaller bench
For the first time in quite a while, our overall squad is very strong .
Those not in will not be because they are not good enough.
We’ll need them all over the course of the season, assuming that the season actually finishes.