New pitch update. | Vital Football

New pitch update.

GRSGimmer

Vital Squad Member
According to our chairman's programme musings today, a new pitch is being laid on Monday meaning the home game against Blackpool scheduled for 2/10 will need to rescheduled for a later date. Likewise our match against Tottenham U21 in the piss pot pointless trophy (9/10) may have to be played at a different venue but he does not say where. Press announcement due next week. Watch this space.

Pitch experts - is this wise during the season? Will the new pitch have enough time to bed down?

Good news. Although strange that Lovell deflected any criticism of the pitch during the RK interview.

I think the pitch has got into the heads of the players so Lovell needs to downplay any such concerns. I’m sure he’s (privately) more frustrated by the pitch than anyone.

Funnily enough even with heavy rain most of the day the pitch looked better than any other game this season. I really hope the club have done their research on this. Less than three weeks for turf to bed in is a very short time.

2-3 weeks does seem like a short period of time for a new pitch to be laid and fully ready for use. Let’s hope it doesn’t end up like the surface Real Valladolid and Barcelona played on a few weeks back, which was a newly laid surface...

My question regarding it - we all knew last season the pitch was a problem, why was this not done over the summer?

Strange how he can suddenly find £450k for a new pitch, I suppose that will give him a new excuse for the next 10 years to avoid spending money on the team. His annual statement of looking for foreign investment can now include his latest bad luck story. Haven't we spent lots of money on the pitch during the past few seasons. Perhaps he would like to tell us how much he has spent , or should I say how much he has told us he has spent. What a joke

Egan / Dack money in the bank?
I guess that says goodbye to any possible January player transfers!

Could we have been in danger of a fine is we didn’t replace it? He’s said it was getting dangerous to play on, so maybe that’s the reason for the huge investment.

Can anyone elaborate on what a hybrid pitch is though? Will it need less maintaining? Last longer? Is he going to save money in the long run?

Could we have been in danger of a fine is we didn’t replace it? He’s said it was getting dangerous to play on, so maybe that’s the reason for the huge investment.

Can anyone elaborate on what a hybrid pitch is though? Will it need less maintaining? Last longer? Is he going to save money in the long run?

It means we're nicking the pitch from Beechings!