New owners and recruitment | Vital Football

New owners and recruitment

Danny_de_Zeeuw16

Vital Squad Member
Paul cook has said that they’re not young kids they are grown men and they should be ready to step up and fight for their places here or elsewhere. Although true, is he just preparing us for the inevitable no substantial spend? Perhaps we really are gonna just bulk it out with kids and loans? As more and more players find clubs which would have been easily signable, does anybody have a fear that these new owners could well and truly drain us dry and shaft the fans? I could be way off, Marshall’s a great free but ultimately their lack of connection to the fans is highly concerning to me I’m gobsmacked at how quiet they are. I know they’ve got loads of business ventures but I’m concerned we could be rock bottom of the pile.

We seem to be way off in attracting players, yes it’s hard and yes it’s a crowded market but it won’t cut it if we go down with a whimper. I actually feel really sorry for Paul cook and the playing staff, what the hell is he expected to do with this current squad. He is frighteningly low on senior pros who are of the level of this ridiculously demanding league. I do believe he’s good enough he prove so many wrong last year but you tell me a manager who could keep us up in our current state.

Now I know we will have signings but when your being linked with Leon Clarke it tells a thousand truths and they are that they have repeatedly missed out on better options. Clarke is not going to be able to score the goals necessary to keep us in the championship. He could be at best our third striker but even then I feel we need garner and two other quality lads in that position with the loss of Powell. Garner is going to have to have a goal scoring epiphany at this rate. I know we have young lads coming in but it’s seriously not enough goals.

Kdz is right we do need a holding midfielder and we could also do with a further cm on top of that up can pick a pass.

In terms of attacking midfielders or wingers we need someone who is explosive. We have lost that ability to go at sides and we are seriously looking slow with josh windass looking a considerable whippet in pre season.

In terms of Alan Hutton does anyone know what’s going on there? Last I heard forest hijacked it but with their other serious signings this week I wonder whether he is now back available or whether no club is prepared to hit his wage demands. It’s all going so badly it’s untrue to be honest.

Does anyone share my concerns or am I over egging the pud?

Where’s the money for grigg gone? The Powell wages should easily free up some money and we have lost 14 players including selling Walker for something. Plus don’t they want to invest some sort of budget ? We are fast running out of time.

Cheers

Last edited:
Most fans of most clubs are generally unhappy with progress in most transfer windows. It's just how it goes. Why worry.

Wait until the window's shut, weigh up who we have at that point, and then have a whinge. Until then, it's rather pointless.

Most fans of most clubs are generally unhappy with progress in most transfer windows. It's just how it goes. Why worry.

Wait until the window's shut, weigh up who we have at that point, and then have a whinge. Until then, it's rather pointless.

Not meant to come across as a whinge moonay I’m just debating with fellow fans on the forum how the progress or lack of is making them feel. It’s quite annoying to here you continuously water everything down. I’m all for a bit of balance yes, but you have to see that we are dangerously late to the party. I know you have called for five or six signings and that’s your opinion on a number, but not everyone is happy to sign them on deadline day and run it to the wire. I’m not criticising our manager I’m just saying it’s all VERRrRY quite from top to bottom. I find it absurd your so relaxed about it to be honest, but I guess it could just be your personality which is fine.

Absolutely spot on Danny.

Nearing the end of their second window now and the activity to date has been underwhelming. In January we were in desperate need of a left back and striker and couldn’t recruit either, bar Clarke. Then flogged one with minutes to spare claiming there wasn’t time to recruit another - the same old chestnut we’d heard before.

Now it’s 23 days to the season starting and four weeks until the window shuts and not one outfield player recruited when we need about nine. No left back on the books and just one striker, excluding the youths. Every target going elsewhere and no rumours of who we may get. Bar Clarke again. The only thing we’ve bought is a big telly.

It’s turning into another debacle and the owners motives are rightly being questioned. It’s all well and good improving matters off the pitch but a football club is primarily judged by matters on it.

Not meant to come across as a whinge moonay ...............

It did. Especially the late edit. ;)

...........I’m just debating with fellow fans on the forum how the progress or lack of is making them feel. It’s quite annoying to here you continuously water everything down. I’m all for a bit of balance yes, but you have to see that we are dangerously late to the party. I know you have called for five or six signings and that’s your opinion on a number, but not everyone is happy to sign them on deadline day and run it to the wire. ...........

Hold on. You asked for the opinion of others. Don't get upset when I give you mine.

........... I’m not criticising our manager I’m just saying it’s all VERRrRY quite from top to bottom. I find it absurd your so relaxed about it to be honest, but I guess it could just be your personality which is fine.

As has been mentioned before:
- we've no idea of the work going on behind the scenes
- we've no idea as to the truth behind the rumours
- we've no idea as to any actual targets

What's the point of worrying. Personally, I'd be quite happy if a few of those young lads are in the match day squads from the outset. If nowt else, it shows a real intent to give them a real chance.

Oh, and as for .....
.........It’s turning into another debacle .....

:rolleyes:

You should have gone to Benidorm wi' Hindley.
;)

Not meant to come across as a whinge moonay I’m just debating with fellow fans on the forum how the progress or lack of is making them feel. It’s quite annoying to here you continuously water everything down. I’m all for a bit of balance yes, but you have to see that we are dangerously late to the party. I know you have called for five or six signings and that’s your opinion on a number, but not everyone is happy to sign them on deadline day and run it to the wire. I’m not criticising our manager I’m just saying it’s all VERRrRY quite from top to bottom. I find it absurd your so relaxed about it to be honest, but I guess it could just be your personality which is fine.
Danny let's wait a while before we crucify the new owners, for all we know they could be in the final stages of finishing off deals and could announce them at any time! It's highly likely the people coming in will not have been mentioned in rumours, as you know the first thing anyone knew about Reece James was when he actually signed, no one knew even the darling of this board Alan Nixon who seems to have a svengali effect on some on here!

Paul cook has said that they’re not young kids they are grown men and they should be ready to step up and fight for their places here or elsewhere. Although true, is he just preparing us for the inevitable no substantial spend? Perhaps we really are gonna just bulk it out with kids and loans? As more and more players find clubs which would have been easily signable, does anybody have a fear that these new owners could well and truly drain us dry and shaft the fans? I could be way off, Marshall’s a great free but ultimately their lack of connection to the fans is highly concerning to me I’m gobsmacked at how quiet they are. I know they’ve got loads of business ventures but I’m concerned we could be rock bottom of the pile.

We seem to be way off in attracting players, yes it’s hard and yes it’s a crowded market but it won’t cut it if we go down with a whimper. I actually feel really sorry for Paul cook and the playing staff, what the hell is he expected to do with this current squad. He is frighteningly low on senior pros who are of the level of this ridiculously demanding league. I do believe he’s good enough he prove so many wrong last year but you tell me a manager who could keep us up in our current state.

Now I know we will have signings but when your being linked with Leon Clarke it tells a thousand truths and they are that they have repeatedly missed out on better options. Clarke is not going to be able to score the goals necessary to keep us in the championship. He could be at best our third striker but even then I feel we need garner and two other quality lads in that position with the loss of Powell. Garner is going to have to have a goal scoring epiphany at this rate. I know we have young lads coming in but it’s seriously not enough goals.

Kdz is right we do need a holding midfielder and we could also do with a further cm on top of that up can pick a pass.

In terms of attacking midfielders or wingers we need someone who is explosive. We have lost that ability to go at sides and we are seriously looking slow with josh windass looking a considerable whippet in pre season.

In terms of Alan Hutton does anyone know what’s going on there? Last I heard forest hijacked it but with their other serious signings this week I wonder whether he is now back available or whether no club is prepared to hit his wage demands. It’s all going so badly it’s untrue to be honest.

Does anyone share my concerns or am I over egging the pud?

Where’s the money for grigg gone? The Powell wages should easily free up some money and we have lost 14 players including selling Walker for something. Plus don’t they want to invest some sort of budget ? We are fast running out of time.

Cheers
We haven't kicked a ball yet .calm down man this is latics nothing new.up the tics

It did. Especially the late edit. ;)

Hold on. You asked for the opinion of others. Don't get upset when I give you mine.

As has been mentioned before:
- we've no idea of the work going on behind the scenes
- we've no idea as to the truth behind the rumours
- we've no idea as to any actual targets

What's the point of worrying. Personally, I'd be quite happy if a few of those young lads are in the match day squads from the outset. If nowt else, it shows a real intent to give them a real chance.

Oh, and as for .....

:rolleyes:

You should have gone to Benidorm wi' Hindley.
;)

:ROFLMAO: Fair enough that’s me towd:sorry: we’re not all as chilled I’m afraid

Danny let's wait a while before we crucify the new owners, for all we know they could be in the final stages of finishing off deals and could announce them at any time! It's highly likely the people coming in will not have been mentioned in rumours, as you know the first thing anyone knew about Reece James was when he actually signed, no one knew even the darling of this board Alan Nixon who seems to have a svengali effect on some on here!
Fair enough I suppose the consensus is to judge in a few weeks. I’m not saying that we cannot bring in good players I’m just concerned that we’re yet again leaving it late which costs teams that are unprepared. We all just need a bloody good signing someone as good as Marshall but outfield and then we will feel better

Absolutely spot on Danny.

Nearing the end of their second window now and the activity to date has been underwhelming. In January we were in desperate need of a left back and striker and couldn’t recruit either, bar Clarke. Then flogged one with minutes to spare claiming there wasn’t time to recruit another - the same old chestnut we’d heard before.

Now it’s 23 days to the season starting and four weeks until the window shuts and not one outfield player recruited when we need about nine. No left back on the books and just one striker, excluding the youths. Every target going elsewhere and no rumours of who we may get. Bar Clarke again. The only thing we’ve bought is a big telly.

It’s turning into another debacle and the owners motives are rightly being questioned. It’s all well and good improving matters off the pitch but a football club is primarily judged by matters on it.

Thank you but you seem to be the only one so far who understands that we are seriously lacking urgency. My thoughts are the same but I’m prepared to give it a bit longer, my luck is I’ll wake up tomorrow and they will announce three really good players.

Hardly a surprise, he called Marshall before anyone else heard a scooby. One thing that properly embarrassed me last week was Wigan Evening Post claiming Semedo was a done deal. They didn’t have a clue it was a done deal, they ripped off what had been reported from Nixon and Portuguese media. As they are supposed to be the local press they should have known before anyone else that the deal was dead. I knew there was a good reason I don’t buy that rag anymore

Hardly a surprise, he called Marshall before anyone else heard a scooby. One thing that properly embarrassed me last week was Wigan Evening Post claiming Semedo was a done deal. They didn’t have a clue it was a done deal, they ripped off what had been reported from Nixon and Portuguese media. As they are supposed to be the local press they should have known before anyone else that the deal was dead. I knew there was a good reason I don’t buy that rag anymore
:punk:Totally agree about the evening post, merely a paper that reads the gossip and prints it as if they have broke the story! I don't think they really have a clue what's happening!!

We’d have to wrap Hooper in cotton wool, but at this point I’d take the risk as I don’t see who else we can get that’s proven at this level like he is.

I also don’t think our apparent pursuit of Hugill is over yet either. Whatever happens with him will probably happen late in the window as it’ll no doubt come down to what team is willing to pay the most of the ridiculous wages that he’ll no doubt be on at West Ham. Another example of a Premier League club with more money than sense panic buying in January. PNE must be laughing themselves silly at the money they got for him in the same way we did with Yanic.