New Norwich Vital | Vital Football

New Norwich Vital

Steve from Oz

Vital Football Legend
Hey - wheres my New Norwich Vital thread disappeared to with all the information I put on to help us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I put a lot of effort into that to help everyone.

Try again but havent got it all.

We now have a new Norwich Vital page with some new versions and have lost some old.
Firstly, make sure you visit your profile page and check all the side headings as there are some new options for external access by others that you may want to change. Some are confusing too!!

The monthly league is no more but your number of posts now is only available in your profile and not on the forum threads.

The levels of standing have been amended and are different.

The jump to pull down menu has been deleted and to get back you have to pick "Norwich City" under the green strip in the "Home >Forums> Norwich City" bar.

The threads start at the very beginning of each thread which is a complete waste of time and you have to pick the highest number next to "Next" to get to the current posts. Interestingly, in writing a new thread there is a filter button which lets you pick which way round the posts go. Still ascending from the first one which makes a bit of a mockery of the filter choice unless and its likely I got it wrong. The filter button is not on existing threads so as an example the Summer 2018 Transfers thread has 3 pages so after opening the thread you have to pick the last page - this is crazy and not user friendly at all.
Each thread should open to the latest post and be in descending order from the latest post, not ascending from the very first post. This would also put the reply box at the top of the page where it should be. This is particularly a big pain in the rear on the Prediction League Table as there are 23 pages.

In regard to the "Likes", we actually tell posters if we like them with emoticons - much more fun - but then I'm ancient and really dont get the likes syndrome!!!.

There are also "trophies". Now, I have had 4 alerts which say:-

You have been awarded a trophy - Addicted 06:40
You have been awarded a trophy - Cant Stop 06:40
You have been awarded a trophy - Keeps coming back 06:40
You have been awarded a trophy - Vital Newbie March 20 2018 ( nearly a month ago)!!! Not a newbie though!!!!!

The emoticons you have to pick on each post and they load with each post. Sad to say that our beloved Rex emoticon has been deleted and replaced with a new Rex one with his hat on straight - :cowboy:preferred the old one!!!!

No idea what these are all about and not trophy cabinet can I find!!
I also have 36 trophy points, which I presume is 36/4=9, therefore 9 points per trophy.

Now we each have a news feed - I thought the Oink-Un and the front page were for these so have no idea. Not sure if the goals posts we put up will be allowed on the threads - presumably they will continue as normal. To be tested.

Just noticed that when your posts go up, the page doesnt refresh and they just appear and you dont have to re-search down to the bottom - that's great, so the descending / ascending order is not as critical for this, BUT, the pages could also open at the end of the each thread if the ascending format is to be retained but still doesnt fix the issue of consecutive posts being on two pages which requires a page selection and refresh. Posters have missed earlier posts that are previous pages especially if there are a number on the new page.

Not really sure why we need the table on every page?.

Interesting - The Forum page has the threads with the latest at the top - It can be done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please let us have the threads the same!!!!!!

Right try again to post this

Heres some replies for Vital Admin

"We’ve never done the threads ascending, most would say the opposite to what you’d like to do and wouldn’t want to read the thread upwards. It’s unfortunately not a setting we can give individual users control over. Never been asked this one before!! "

"Threads open in the page you last read them. If you read to the end, for some reason this particular software takes you back to page one, not the last page. We are going to look if we can bend that but it’s not always easy.
But once you start using, as said, you click a thread and you will go to the page where you were last on."

Hopefully you enjoy, you can just drag images now, you can do this sort of thing which I know we all need in our lives!

Youtube you just put the url in.

And you can put in gifs just go to somewhere like: https://giphy.com/

and copy the link