New Manager | Vital Football

New Manager

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
Mathew Bates appointed manager on a permanent basis.
Of the candidates being touted for the managers position, the appointment of Bates was a 'no brainer' given the achievements of last season. Hopefully, he is given support to mould a competitive squad ahead of next season.

Also confirmed that he is to be assisted by Ged McNamee and Ross Turnbull (who surely must be standing on a box in the official site photos).

Good luck to all.

Good luck to the lad, he's going to need it.

Stuck with a squad who, in the majority, only perform if they feel like it and can't motivate themselves against sides who want it more than they do e.g. Guiseley, Solihull, Torquay amongst others.

But then again a defender who cannot get the best out of his defence is going to be up against it from the off.

It needed a new broom to make a clean sweep unfortunately it looks like the same old same old. We'll be lucky to break into the top ten next term if dramatic changes aren't implemented, to say I'm underwhelmed is a massive understatement.

More negatives than positives surround this and even Martin Lewis hasn't managed to save me as much money as this appointment, with my season ticket money staying in my bank account this term.

Wanting to be proved wrong but at the minute I'm out.
:red: