New manager? | Page 18 | Vital Football

New manager?

Blimey - DT really laying the boot in - wonder what kind of reaction that will yield.

The fact that Hughton is 'manager' infers he has more autonomy - let's hope that's the case.

He has certainly gone out on a limb; talk about burning bridges.

It is interesting how he has drip fed the information out on Twitter and how he timed its release; he has sat back and waited for Lamouchi to be fired and then let both barrels off at once.

This is obviously an accumulation of inside information he has picked up over the last 18 Months, together with some observations and opinions.

He must know he is on very solid ground because some of it is borderline libel if untrue.

It paints Vrentzos in a very bad light, almost in a Basil Faulty caricature; it makes you wonder if his motivation is to try and take Vrentzos down a peg or two, and in doing so give Hughton a little breathing space.

That might be reading too much into the situation, but if that is what Danny is trying to achieve, yesterdays revelations will be the tip of the iceberg.

Rattlesnake or whistle blower? Some of that seems close to the mark. Oly is the baby of EM is 100% right. Silva was a first teamer and has gone. Cafu is underwhelming. Pants did seem settled.

Houghton is probably the best manager alongside AK the EM regime have tempted here. Another failure and it will be the regime under scrutiny.

It looks like Danny is not going to wait for that to happen; he is putting the regime under scrutiny now

Dan taylor

@False_Alarm_
and 5 others
And you can imagine how NFFC - this regime not used to being told 'no' - reacted when the council pointed that out. Classless, was a word I used earlier. I know so many people who doubt that stand will ever happen now.

They will be reading every word, feeding it back to the boss, scared to breathe, even though they know every single bit of it is true

I know for a fact that this is untrue.

I know someone who deals with Graham Cartledge in a professional capacity; Graham is the architect at Benoy who designed the stand and submitted the planning application.

Graham was the one who broke the news to the Club's hierarchy about the objection to the apartment blocks; he was the one who submitted the revised plans, which are still under consideration.

The building of the stand is directly linked to the apartments being built; no apartments, no stand; that has always been the position.

I know for a fact that this is untrue.

I know someone who deals with Graham Cartledge in a professional capacity; Graham is the architect at Benoy who designed the stand and submitted the planning application.

Graham was the one who broke the news to the Club's hierarchy about the objection to the apartment blocks; he was the one who submitted the revised plans, which are still under consideration.

The building of the stand is directly linked to the apartments being built; no apartments, no stand; that has always been the position.

I did look at the objection from the council some time ago and my overwhelming thoughts were that the major concern was the lack of traffic data and justification. Obviously if you reduce the number of plots, you in theory reduce the traffic flow so this may drive the objection, but again it the objection appeared to be focusing on the match day traffic and not daily residential movements.
Benoy are a world class Architect to use football parlance, which in itself did surprise me on the response from the council as the liaison between Benoy, council and the other consultants would have been ongoing for some time. This is unless they were told to submit the planning, without consequences as part of NFFC publicity(!?) If this was the case though, I would expect Benoy to walk from the project.

I did look at the objection from the council some time ago and my overwhelming thoughts were that the major concern was the lack of traffic data and justification. Obviously if you reduce the number of plots, you in theory reduce the traffic flow so this may drive the objection, but again it the objection appeared to be focusing on the match day traffic and not daily residential movements.
Benoy are a world class Architect to use football parlance, which in itself did surprise me on the response from the council as the liaison between Benoy, council and the other consultants would have been ongoing for some time. This is unless they were told to submit the planning, without consequences as part of NFFC publicity(!?) If this was the case though, I would expect Benoy to walk from the project.

Frustrating that nothing is happening on this. Never been a better year to knock a stand down !

wouldnt be the first time councils are being a pain...my local one is ridiculous at times on various planning projects

Tom's Twitter response to being asked to comment on what was clearly an opinion from Danny:

wouldnt be the first time councils are being a pain...my local one is ridiculous at times on various planning projects

Totally agree. Some schemes you question how planning was granted, whereas others the level of detail required to gain permission does feel obstructive, even though the two schemes are next to each other.

There is a very interesting post on LTLF from one of the Greek lads drawing parallels with events at Olympiacos a few years ago:

https://www.forestforum.co.uk/threads/44924-CEO-Yiannis-Vrentzos/page20

EM does not like to interfere in a manager's job in any way. Yes, occasionally he loses his temper and fires managers prematurely. Yes, occasionally he loses his temper, goes to the dressing room (or to a zoom conference) and shouts at everybody and shows them the door. You may not like it, I may not like it, but he is, by all reports, an exceptionally harsh and demanding employer, not only in football but, reportedly, in his other businesses as well. But he does not meddle with player selection and with the manager's job in general. As I've already said, there have been countless cases, where a big transfer or a player whom he personally liked a lot was not chosen by the manager and this did not cost the manager his head. Only bad results cost managers' heads.

Vrentzos? Hard to say; I would not put it past him to do so. There was a period of roughly two years over here where EM was not really involved with the club, and in that period Vrentzos essentially ran the club on his own. It was a time of terrible football decisions, bad recruitment, bad manager choices, a lot of problems behind the scenes (the details of which never surfaced), and, inevitably, bad results.

There is a possible optimistic morale to this Greek parallel, however. Karteo said the other day that he was somewhat surprised by the zoom shout, not for its content, but because he thought EM was not very much involved with Forest personally. I thought the same. That period of non involvement here ended with EM stepping into the dressing room and delivering one of his rants, as he did over there, but it also ended with Karembeu promoted and put in charge of all football decisions, including the manager, and his choice was a great one. Things have been great ever since.

Perhaps then you can hope that the zoom rant will be the beginning of a similar development. The choice of Lamouchi's replacement was, by all accounts, a good one. Will it be accompanied by other structural changes, apparently much needed? Time will tell. Hughton is purposely named a manager, not a head coach, even in the OS. Could this mean that he is undisputedly in charge of football decisions? Again, time will tell.

There are further rumours on another Forum that Vrentzos has side lined Nick Randall who is now only Chairman on match days.

This one comes with a sanity warning as it was posted by that monstrous fuckwit Widdow.

Lets hope no one challenges his opinion or he will flouncing off that Forum in a huge strop as well.

There’s a new article on the Athletic apparently which could be interesting.

Must admit the longer things go on the more I wish for an owner like Steve Gibson.

The delay with the planning permission on the new stand is 100% down to Rushcliffe Borough Council. They have made the club make a number of changes to the design of the apartment block ( blocks) purely on the lines of aesthetics. One specific objection they had was a line of vision. They will be the cause of this project not to go ahead. No one else.

The delay with the planning permission on the new stand is 100% down to Rushcliffe Borough Council. They have made the club make a number of changes to the design of the apartment block ( blocks) purely on the lines of aesthetics. One specific objection they had was a line of vision. They will be the cause of this project not to go ahead. No one else.
Typical of local politicians & officials who always like to make themselves look more important than they are

Paul Taylor is off to speak with Hughton; that should be up in the morning.
There was a link to it on Facebook but I couldn’t read more than the first paragraph or two. Unless it was an older article...

Typical I can’t find it now.

Last edited:
Jesus fucking christ

That is some serious damaging stuff from Daniel Taylor

However was it him or Percy saying only a few weeks a go that we were in a mess and that there would be a mass exodus of players with hardly any coming in?

It would just be a typical of NFFC to finally get a decent manager that just about every fan is happy with and the club starts to implode from the inside then goes up for sale

There are further rumours on another Forum that Vrentzos has side lined Nick Randall who is now only Chairman on match days.

This one comes with a sanity warning as it was posted by that monstrous fuckwit Widdow.

Lets hope no one challenges his opinion or he will flouncing off that Forum in a huge strop as well.

Widdow

Is Jimmy