New Manager | Page 3 | Vital Football

New Manager

We still playing,
okay my turn I'll go with Pep Guardiola.

Arsene Wenger. Not doin' owt better, speyks better English than most of uz, loves a pie

Honestly, regardless of division I think we need to be very sensible going forward. I would love to see someone with the club at their heart and think it's the perfect time to give a former player the chance. No idea who is currently studying for badges, but from the options in the thread I would be most tempted by a Jones/Maloney combo

Be someone like Graham Barrow journey man of the lower leagues. Plus be some one out of work. Think we are in a worse state than these are telling us.
To be fair i don't think they are hiding anything,been very upfront that we have no money and must sell players and allow manager to leave to have a hope of survival! What else do you want them to say!!

It’s a owner more than a manager we need.
Till we know that and what their intentions are or the depth of their pockets we can just guess. If we go and pay someone at 18k a week then ingestions will be to either borrow money or invest their own. Pay someone 2k a week which is still a fortune and they will be trying harder to live within our means. At the moment whoever it is they will be dipping in their pockets just to keep us existing until like the rest of football we have some sort of income.
Not null and voiding the season in April or going points per game has been a huge mistake forced on all clubs by greed.

Who did? Dont talk out of your arse lad, he transformed Salford and left them in a good place and with money in the bank, he had a problem with the RFL who are on a par with the EFL.
The transformation didn't yield a trophy and Salford remain an unremarkable club.

Till we know that and what their intentions are or the depth of their pockets we can just guess. If we go and pay someone at 18k a week then ingestions will be to either borrow money or invest their own. Pay someone 2k a week which is still a fortune and they will be trying harder to live within our means. At the moment whoever it is they will be dipping in their pockets just to keep us existing until like the rest of football we have some sort of income.
Not null and voiding the season in April or going points per game has been a huge mistake forced on all clubs by greed.
Its about ambition, the last thing we need is a inexperienced manager, we'll never get bums on seats lurking in the lower leagues.
Hi guys, long time lurker first time poster. You're both bang on, we can ill afford to be bumming around the bottom tiers. We need the administrators to come out with a statement of intent. A manager, even just a wish list would shirely attract investment? It would send a message to everyone else in the league that we won't just lie down. I'm confident things will go our way: if the Noblot can get away with it, how can we be punished for some dodgy Chinese bugger and a virus. Common sense will prevail

I doubt it's in the administrators remit to have anything to do with appointing a manager.

Also at a time when they are struggling to get money in to cover the bills they wont be looking to add to the cost by hiring anyone new.

Whoever the new owner is (if there end's up being one) would almost certainly prefer to pick their own manager rather than inherit one chosen by Admin that they may not want.

To be fair, in terms of selling we're probably better off without a manager in some respects, I mean how many clubs have been taken over and kept the same manager in place? At least this way, whoever buys us can get their own choice in and not have to pay off the one currently in place, saves paying up their contract which could be seen as a big plus point.

Also, what manager would want to come to a club that might not exist in a few weeks/months anyway? How would they know who to target, how little money they'd have and who would be left of the squad we currently have? In the same way as we're waiting to see what happens, any and every potential new manager will be doing the exact same thing.

Priority for now is getting an owner in and saving the club. Once thats done, we can moan about the new owners manager choice and how we'd prefer someone else like usual ... But one step at a time!

I reckon sam allardyce would be a great fit for us. One last big job before he retires. Be great for him to take us up the leagues back to our rightful place