New Manager | Page 2 | Vital Football

New Manager

Dont be Lazy Sydney and look around he's an up and coming young manager at Cheltenham

Thanks for the further info , I can also add he's 42yrs old , has a less than 40% win ratio , absolutely no connection with our club and is contracted to Cheltenham Town until June 2023.
How do I vote?

Duff has done an excellent job at Cheltenham, turned them from a relegation candidate to a promotion one in less than 2 seasons, the form team and looked nailed on for promotion but denied by PPG. That being said, someone under long contract would not be worth the pay out given our predicament. I would like us to see a young former player given the chance. The former players always seem to galvanize the fans more and have always turned out as our best managers.

Lets get an owner first. Thinking about it its a totally pointless conversation and I'm normally one of the worst people for it. I was a few days ago but I guess im very wary of the future now, lets win this appeal and find a buyer COME ON

Heart says Maloney, but head says Adkins (of the options put up there). Both have links to the club from playing days, which is a must imho.

Truth is that it'll all depend on the new owner. If it's someone with plenty money and wanting to push us on, them we'll be an attractive proposition for a manager, because we'll have had a clear out, giving them something of a blank canvas to build their own team... If the new owner is someone with modest means (in football terms... no-one with ten million quid in the bank is poor!), then we'll just have to take who we can get.

After the last couple of months, I'll be happy just to have a club to support... Who's name is on the managers office door is a minor concern compared to there being a manager's office for him to be in at all right now.

I'll also put in a mention for Gregor Rioch... If he's interested in the manager's job (big if), we could do a lot worse, given the standard of job he's done with the youngsters.

Be someone like Graham Barrow journey man of the lower leagues. Plus be some one out of work. Think we are in a worse state than these are telling us.