New Manager & Management Team | Vital Football

New Manager & Management Team

The Poacher

Vital Squad Member
Just to kick this thread off what do we 100% know about this Management setup.
New Manager = French.
Managed = Rennes.
Ex French player.
Please fill in the blanks..............

I've backed all our managers, even the ones I didnt like, however, I am left a little puzzled by this appointment. I would love to know why they picked this guy? What have they seen to suggest he is the one to lead us to promotion?
I could have understood it if they had gone for someone with a proven track record, for example Houghton (though personally not a fan of his style). I could also have understood going for a young, upcoming, promising new manager, who offers the hope of being excellent. However this guy is neither of those things. Hes been in management a while now, and has been mediocre at best. So what makes the owner think hes suddenly going to improve a 100% and turn into a promotion winning manager? It rarely happens, does it? How many mediocre managers have suddenly turned it around and become top class managers? Maybe I'm wrong there, I certainly hope so, but I have my doubts.

Not a bad analysis being fair.

In some ways the fact that little is known about him may actually give him more of a chance as fans withhold judgement until they have actually seen his side on the pitch.

As I have said for almost every manager though it would now be nice if he could last the season..,
Only if he is good

I think everyone has their doubts but the sheer lack of knowledge about him makes it difficult to judge until we see who he picks, the formation he plays and the style of football being played.

Doesn’t change my thinking that we are a bit of a basket case of a club at present though.

Rennes results under Lamouchi November 2017 to December 2018.

P 50 W 19 D 13 L 18. Win rate of 38%.

If you take the above form over a season it would bag around 67 points.
More or less same as Forest last season.

Not a great deal of improvement needed for top 6

Rennes results under Lamouchi November 2017 to December 2018.

P 50 W 19 D 13 L 18. Win rate of 38%.

If you take the above form over a season it would bag around 67 points.
More or less same as Forest last season.

Not a great deal of improvement needed for top 6

The losses are more weighted to the second season though.

He did what the club want him to do here- made an immediate impact, even if he could not sustain it. Perhaps that is the thinking

I've backed all our managers, even the ones I didnt like, however, I am left a little puzzled by this appointment. I would love to know why they picked this guy? What have they seen to suggest he is the one to lead us to promotion?
I could have understood it if they had gone for someone with a proven track record, for example Houghton (though personally not a fan of his style). I could also have understood going for a young, upcoming, promising new manager, who offers the hope of being excellent. However this guy is neither of those things. Hes been in management a while now, and has been mediocre at best. So what makes the owner think hes suddenly going to improve a 100% and turn into a promotion winning manager? It rarely happens, does it? How many mediocre managers have suddenly turned it around and become top class managers? Maybe I'm wrong there, I certainly hope so, but I have my doubts.
Problem is that they wanted a quick appointment to ease Martin going. Someone like Hughton would want money, would be on a high wage and would take time negotiating. It'll be interesting to see if the club remain open about promotion- this swift appointment would suggest they think he can do something. Mendes client that was out of work. More to do with availability. Will be told to work with what he's got.

Just to kick this thread off what do we 100% know about this Management setup.
New Manager = French.
Managed = Rennes.
Ex French player.
Please fill in the blanks..............

More blanks in this than you can poke a stick at. It's tempting to say what a shambles but giving the club the benefit of knowing much more than any of us they might have the benefit of the doubt. Only might though and that's debatable.
Why don't they grasp the nettle and spend a bit of cash and get a proper proven coach.
It sounds as though this bloke will have to make a team out of players signed by others, does he get any sort of say in this? And it's head coach now, wonder what that means.
The feeling that I'm beginning to get is that the club is going nowhere fast, or even slow and that I'll be long gone if we ever get into the Premier League. And I don't like it.

What’s the point getting a proven coach on big wages when you are only going to sack him in six months anyway?

May as well get someone in that no one knows and hope he ‘does a Nuno’. And when it doesn’t work, again, we can just sack him and pay minimal compensation.

?

What’s the point getting a proven coach on big wages when you are only going to sack him in six months anyway?

May as well get someone in that no one knows and hope he ‘does a Nuno’. And when it doesn’t work, again, we can just sack him and pay minimal compensation.

?

Bash, are you depressed ?

In all honesty it's probably a case of has all we could get, if you were Monk or Hughton say, why on earth would you even consider us???

In all honesty it's probably a case of has all we could get, if you were Monk or Hughton say, why on earth would you even consider us???
Because they are unemployed and have mortgages to pay.

Realistically Hughton is likely to have to step down to the SBC again because his teams are so awful in the PL. We are the 9th best team in the SBC but the second best with a managerial vacancy (assuming Lampard does actually go)

I think Monk would absolutely jump at a club like forest- it would be a step back up and his copybook isn't exactly blot-free