New Manager & Management Team | Page 4 | Vital Football

New Manager & Management Team

According to Paul Taylor "Lamouchi will be backed up by six support staff, which will be comprised of two assistant coaches, a fitness coach, a football analyst, a goalkeeper coach and a first team coordinator."

I wonder if the club have chosen the majority of these and maybe Lamouchi will just bring in an assistant. That would make sense so we don't need to make wholesale changes every six months when the head coach leaves.

Seems to work OK for Watford and now they've finally found a good head coach too.

As long as Forest choose 4 good people in those other roles I'll be happy with this.

No, that's quite correct; I don't think either of them had such a good starting point as Lamouchi has.

Both Wagner and Farke had a half season start to shape their teams; Wagner did so fighting relegation and Farke had to cope with his star players being sold.

They made very good use of the time they had.

I do not think it will take Lamouchi more than a week to decide the areas in which he needs to improve the side and, if he gets his players soon enough, he has the time to sort the them out

Bruno Blatazar is the new assistant manager

Bruno Baltazar, 41, had already worked with Sabri Lamouchi at El Jaish SC and is now joining the French coach, who was the Forest's choice to try to move up to the Premier League. Soon, the Portuguese will join the team in Alicante, where the new season is being prepared.

I've backed all our managers, even the ones I didnt like, however, I am left a little puzzled by this appointment. I would love to know why they picked this guy? What have they seen to suggest he is the one to lead us to promotion?
I could have understood it if they had gone for someone with a proven track record, for example Houghton (though personally not a fan of his style). I could also have understood going for a young, upcoming, promising new manager, who offers the hope of being excellent. However this guy is neither of those things. Hes been in management a while now, and has been mediocre at best. So what makes the owner think hes suddenly going to improve a 100% and turn into a promotion winning manager? It rarely happens, does it? How many mediocre managers have suddenly turned it around and become top class managers? Maybe I'm wrong there, I certainly hope so, but I have my doubts.
Are we the practice before he goes to Olympiakos?

If he does well is he off to Greece?

Bruno Blatazar is the new assistant manager

Bruno Baltazar, 41, had already worked with Sabri Lamouchi at El Jaish SC and is now joining the French coach, who was the Forest's choice to try to move up to the Premier League. Soon, the Portuguese will join the team in Alicante, where the new season is being prepared.

I like the name, blat a tsar

We must spend £1m or so a year paying off managers.

Considering our total revenue is only about £14m this is an eye watering amount. The club could be blowing up to 10pc of its total income on severance for managers.

MoN had a year remaining on his contract; a 500k pay off puts him on around 10k per week - hardly excessive

Are we the practice before he goes to Olympiakos?

If he does well is he off to Greece?

To be fair, have any of the players that have gone to Greece actually been any good for us first? Don't remember Dias or Bouchalakis doing much here? Would maybe have liked to have seen a bit more of Soudani. Can't remember who else has made the move? Must admit the transfers the other way haven't been too good, ever since Matt Derbyshire !

MoN had a year remaining on his contract; a 500k pay off puts him on around 10k per week - hardly excessive

In terms of our turnover, it is excessive though. The CEO of a £14m loss making business isn’t going to be on £500k a year.

My main point is that this is even less affordable given the rate we go through managers. We generally sack managers with a year left on their contract, and on average we employ each manager for under a year. This means we are always paying for 2 managers at once.

Our whole rewards/retention strategy for managers is economically unsustainable.

In terms of our turnover, it is excessive though. The CEO of a £14m loss making business isn’t going to be on £500k a year.

My main point is that this is even less affordable given the rate we go through managers. We generally sack managers with a year left on their contract, and on average we employ each manager for under a year. This means we are always paying for 2 managers at once.

Our whole rewards/retention strategy for managers is economically unsustainable.

On average, every team in the Championship employs a manger for less than a year - the average tenure is 10 months