New Manager & Management Team | Page 3 | Vital Football

New Manager & Management Team

I spent a fair amount of Saturday watching Rennes under him, all their games can be found on YouTube.

Very much favours 4-2-3-1. The 2 holding players very much box to box with wingers putting in lots of crosses & cutting in to get shots away.

Conceded lot of goals early into his reign but that began tightening up after 10 games or so.

Spoke to a lot of Rennes fans on line too, most of which were sad to see him leave. Feeling positive about this one, at least far more so than O'Neill.
Any players you'd realistically like to see him coax over the channel?

Was gonna confess, in the beginning I was quite entertained by montanier until i realised it was only the front 5 where we had a plan
Montanier wasn't as bad as is made out, I didn't think. There were far more factors which made it a failure than just his managerial ability. The club was an absolute basket case and he was operating under the final days of Fawaz and all the shit that went with that.
Lets hope Lamouchi is a better manager at a better time, and we can have a good season and finish with the same guy in charge for once.

Any players you'd realistically like to see him coax over the channel?

Sorry for the late reply, really busy.

Wahbi Khazri really stood out, seemed to score every other game for him & played in all sorts of roles across the front 4. He's at St Etienne now buy may be worth a punt.

There was a tall blond winger too who's name I can't remember, will have a look into it.

Adrien Hunou stood out too.

EDIT: The winger was Benjamin Bourigeaud I think.

Last edited:

Wahbi Khazri really stood out, seemed to score every other game for him & played in all sorts of roles across the front 4. He's at St Etienne now buy may be worth a punt.

There was a tall blond winger too who's name I can't remember, will have a look into it.

Thanks, very interesting!

Although if you could reply a bit quicker in future that'd be great. Thanks in advance for your cooperation. (y)

:fish:

Will give the new manager the chance to prove himself...however i'm starting to get pissed off with clubs hierarchy..MON was a mistake and we all knew it but wanted to give him the chance

We all did and it went exactly as most of us feared

Get behind scarmouch and do the fandango

Is that the Khazri that was at Sunderland??

bringing in 6 team members, what a farce.

Either we are running a club with a head coach and everything else in place or we arent? We cant even decide how to go about it let alone acheve it.

How is this owner any different from Fawaz? (im not a fawaz hater, i just think he was totally inept, but Mariankis seems just as inept but with more money (which can only help us so far))

I have learnt a bit more about Sabri over past few days but do we know anything about the new management team. The magic 6.