New Manager & Management Team | Page 2 | Vital Football

New Manager & Management Team

Why don't we just get the players to form a committee to manage the club?

So far they've hired O'Driscoll and fired O'Neill and Davies.

They sold Guedioura first time round. Now Gueddy has come back and is apparently negatively influencing stuff.

What other decisions have been made by the players?

If we just get them to manage the club, then surely they will be happier and we will be saving money?

Why don't we just get the players to form a committee to manage the club?

So far they've hired O'Driscoll and fired O'Neill and Davies.

They sold Guedioura first time round. Now Gueddy has come back and is apparently negatively influencing stuff.

What other decisions have been made by the players?

If we just get them to manage the club, then surely they will be happier and we will be saving money?

Yes, I agree

Because they are unemployed and have mortgages to pay.

Realistically Hughton is likely to have to step down to the SBC again because his teams are so awful in the PL. We are the 9th best team in the SBC but the second best with a managerial vacancy (assuming Lampard does actually go)

I think Monk would absolutely jump at a club like forest- it would be a step back up and his copybook isn't exactly blot-free

I think we have a tarnished rep now and many decent managers wouldn't take the risk.

Even if they do have a mortgage both Monk and Hughton will have better and safer options than us imo.

Monk is allegedly being investigated for buying all of his players through the same agent. He has also been accused of trying to coerce young players to sign to said agent and getting shot of them if they didn’t.

Obviously no idea whether this is true and/or whether he has actually done anything wrong but it will be interesting to see if he gets any offers while this is hanging over him.

Monk is allegedly being investigated for buying all of his players through the same agent. He has also been accused of trying to coerce young players to sign to said agent and getting shot of them if they didn’t.

Obviously no idea whether this is true and/or whether he has actually done anything wrong but it will be interesting to see if he gets any offers while this is hanging over him.

Sounds like he would have fit in a dream here.

I have it on very good authority that our manager for the 2nd quarter of the season has ‘unfinished business’ here and this time he is serious about promotion.

These are very exciting times

That reminds me of someone.

Is Monk represented by Jim Price by any chance?

That reminds me of someone.

Is Monk represented by Jim Price by any chance?
Either that or he is related!

I actually rated him as a decent manager but if this is proven he will struggle to get anything other than desperation jobs, at least for a while.

Either that or he is related!

I actually rated him as a decent manager but if this is proven he will struggle to get anything other than desperation jobs, at least for a while.

I can see him moving to Pollack in Glasgow, having a Video editing suite installed in his house and then spend the rest of his existence complaining about not being able to find work.

It will definitely be someone else's fault

I had to laugh when I read that

"Notably, their Expected Goals Against (xGA) total for that same period amounted to 31.10. A reminder that xGA is a metric that measures the quality of chances created against your goal, the higher the xGA, the more chances you bestow to the opposition."

Two coaches drink in my local, one of whom is with a PL club; I constantly ask them questions which must piss them off but the do humor me.

I once asked about Expected Goals analysis; the question was met with fits of laughter.

"Are you seriously telling me people believe that guff?" was the retort.

The guy at the PL club said that if he mentioned that rubbish at their post match analysis meetings, or in preparation for the next game, he would be out on his arse.

The stats they do use are are about as far removed from what Alexander Hughes quotes as is possible.

The Rennes supporters still have a lot of time for him and say nice things about him.

They certainly think he is better than Montanier.

There is one thing for certain; the team he takes over is miles better than the rubbish Montanier inherited.

The Rennes supporters still have a lot of time for him and say nice things about him.

They certainly think he is better than Montanier.

There is one thing for certain; the team he takes over is miles better than the rubbish Montanier inherited.

Was gonna confess, in the beginning I was quite entertained by montanier until i realised it was only the front 5 where we had a plan

I spent a fair amount of Saturday watching Rennes under him, all their games can be found on YouTube.

Very much favours 4-2-3-1. The 2 holding players very much box to box with wingers putting in lots of crosses & cutting in to get shots away.

Conceded lot of goals early into his reign but that began tightening up after 10 games or so.

Spoke to a lot of Rennes fans on line too, most of which were sad to see him leave. Feeling positive about this one, at least far more so than O'Neill.