New Manager & Management Team | Page 5 | Vital Football

New Manager & Management Team

Does that make it good business sense?

Not one ounce of sense; how big an influence do the paying, on non paying if this site is anything to go on, have on that with their demands for instant gratification?

You get the very same people craving continuity one minute and regime change the next.

The people who own the clubs could ignore the noise but they are in a very difficult position; they are governed by the constraints of P & S and for most clubs the biggest income stream they have is getting people through the turnstiles.

When people start to vote with their feet, club owners revert to their default position and panic.

Not one ounce of sense; how big an influence do the paying, on non paying if this site is anything to go on, have on that with their demands for instant gratification?

You get the very same people craving continuity one minute and regime change the next.

The people who own the clubs could ignore the noise but they are in a very difficult position; they are governed by the constraints of P & S and for most clubs the biggest income stream they have is getting people through the turnstiles.

When people start to vote with their feet, club owners revert to their default position and panic.
fair overall, except dont think our gates had suffered under our last couple of managers that have been sacked

Thought I would fire this thread up again and to update opinions.

Mine (for what its worth) is that I think this is going to work.
He appears to have got in some really good players and he certainly does not seem to be any kind of fool and I actually think this guy is going to be here for awhile and under him, the squad will get better and better.

I saw the sky post match interviews of both him and Bielsa and I actually think SL interviewed the better of the two and if I was a player I know which manager I would rather play for.

The mafia type or the roll your sleeves up and work with the team type.

My likes:
For tonight’s team he seems to be taking the route I would take. Not changing much.
He has a team of players trying to gel and this is a game that will them him do that.
He has the team organised and that was proved on Saturday where we almost completely nullified their threat in our defensive 3rd, as the. Team gels i imagine we will see us improve and have the confidence to attack more.

Dislikes
He keeps Watson playing. I am hoping he is doing this whilst the team settles and is a rock whilst the squad settles and pretty soon he wont even be on the bench.

Dawson & Worrall - we have better and I am hoping he is using these as our defensive pairing whilst others get match fit and or gel?

That’s about it as I’m a bit of a thicko but I truly believe this man is going to be here next season. I doubt we will be in the prem then built we could be.

This is the guy though...I get the impression if anyone can do it he can.

Still early I know.

Cant say ive heard anything enlightening yet, have seen no evidence of a new style yet, havent been impressed with team selections yet nor with some of the transfer business , or with some of the statements he contradicts with his actions. I can see him just get simply lost in a sea of players more than I can him galavanising a great tight knit squad.
But... stranger things have happened

The very fact that the club have sanctioned the employment of 6 new coaches to go with the new manager tells us the direction that we intend to go. Buy young players with potential and intensively develop them hopefully into much better players to either sell on or keep to increase the quality of the squad. Just a hunch but I think the turn over of managers has finished for the time being.

The very fact that the club have sanctioned the employment of 6 new coaches to go with the new manager tells us the direction that we intend to go. Buy young players with potential and intensively develop them hopefully into much better players to either sell on or keep to increase the quality of the squad. Just a hunch but I think the turn over of managers has finished for the time being.

I certainly hope so JB, the point you raise re coaching is an interesting one. can an average player be turned into a great player with better coaching?
It was certainly something BC excelled in ?

I certainly hope so JB, the point you raise re coaching is an interesting one. can an average player be turned into a great player with better coaching?
It was certainly something BC excelled in ?
I think that this policy has been more than hinted at in comments and interviews recently with both the owner and manager.

Not sure I buy that really. We already have an esteemed academy and I dont think adding half a dozen coaches is going to improve that situation particularly. The issue here has been not blending the young quality players into a settled senior side with an ethos and way of playing.
In recent years its actually the kids that have had the football ethos more than the first team due to some of that consistency of a good youth set up from top to bottom. Tho at times, like under BD2 we have had it all ripped apart at times.
Also its accepted by some, me particularly that some of Karankas main targets AND some of MONS for this season for bright young talents from the lower divisions and we havet forked out the few million quid for them. Even with SL it seems he actually wanted the young Scottish centre half but has been handed another 6 instead at cheaper prices. (and does seem to prefer Daws n Joe to them).
Mir is young but was a bargain basement buy.
Carvalho of course the exception (the other Portugese sgnings didnt make the grade) but was still a ridiculous amount to pay when we could have signed several bright prospects for that amount.