New manager in already | Page 4 | Vital Football

New manager in already

This is the most amazingly ridiculous, cheap and underwhelming scenario anyone could have imagined a few short months ago. It would have sounded like a nightmare and people would have barely believed it.

That we've immediately appointed the caretaker full time on a lengthy contract without for a second even entertaining the numerous interesting alternatives available is totally amazing.

We've definitely entered 'managed decline' mode. Didn't take long did it.

The saving grace might be that he'll develop the youth players and help enable us to get money back through their sales.

You're sense of humour is sometimes a mystery to me and I take you the wrong way. But I will never insult you.
I don't and never have taken things said on social media too seriously and i certainly don't get upset if someone doesn't "Get me" or my "humour" Even Jesus Christ allegedly didn't suit everyone mi owd pal.:giggle: UTB

Just watchd Nathan Hemmingtons report posted by Handsworth Blades. Incredibly damning.
1. Heck is in complete charge of all football matters and is charged with developing young talent to sell.

2. We are to become a feader club as a means of finance.

3. The board expect better results but that isn't number 1. Developing players for sale is.

Hemmington was at a complete loss to get how this will sell to Blades. It won't. If results show no improvement long term crowds will soon settle around 10 - 12 k and our club will be akin to Crewe under Dario Gradi.

I may well have bought my last ever season ticket.

All said, I will be there behind them 100% on Sunday. I very much hope things work out.

NB. There is a lot of discussion about the possible involvement of Saudi politicians in all this. S2 is awash. No idea myself.

If anyone was in any doubt this lot haven’t got a scooby then this should clinch it
i can assure you he will be judged on what happens on a matchday and you will listen when fans show their displeasure either with their voice or feet
wtf has happened to our football club 🙈

I've just been watching the full press conference on the Blades YouTube channel and Bettis clearly says the word "just" while talking about Hecky being judged on matchday results (i.e. that he won't just be judged on matchdays, but also on other things happening in the football club.) I'm not sure who was responsible for the official Tweet of that, but it seems like an important word to leave out. One that changes the meaning of the comment quite a lot.

I've just been watching the full press conference on the Blades YouTube channel and Bettis clearly says the word "just" while talking about Hecky being judged on matchday results (i.e. that he won't just be judged on matchdays, but also on other things happening in the football club.) I'm not sure who was responsible for the official Tweet of that, but it seems like an important word to leave out. One that changes the meaning of the comment quite a lot.

See my post above yours.

See my post above yours.

I've just watched the press conference for myself and his summing up of it reminds me of the left-wing media's version of the Rittenhouse trial. I really can't see where he has pulled some of that from. They said very specifically that promotion is still the aim for this season and that they hope we can be in the Premier League for at least two of the next four seasons, like we have just done in the last four. Nothing about becoming a feeder club, nor about developing players being more important than success.

I've just watched the press conference for myself and his summing up of it reminds me of the left-wing media's version of the Rittenhouse trial. I really can't see where he has pulled some of that from. They said very specifically that promotion is still the aim for this season and that they hope we can be in the Premier League for at least two of the next four seasons, like we have just done in the last four. Nothing about becoming a feeder club, nor about developing players being more important than success.

I can't be bothered to watch the uncut version of the news conference which runs for over an hour and don't get why Nathan Hemmington who is a long standing and well respected broadcaster on matters SUFC would stand in the carpark and give a video report of the news conference lasting 20 minutes and lie. He stated categorically on numerous occaisions that being a feeder / development club was our role going forward in United World. It would be our primary source of income. nathan thought Blades fans would not buy into that and was both confused and very concerned.

I can't be bothered to watch the uncut version of the news conference which runs for over an hour and don't get why Nathan Hemmington who is a long standing and well respected broadcaster on matters SUFC would stand in the carpark and give a video report of the news conference lasting 20 minutes and lie. He stated categorically on numerous occaisions that being a feeder / development club was our role going forward in United World. It would be our primary source of income. nathan thought Blades fans would not buy into that and was both confused and very concerned.

Most people don't believe that news reports would lie to them either, but they do it all the time. In this case, I think it might be misunderstanding on his part. The only time they talked about United World in regards to us was about how we hope that eventually we can sign players who have been developed by the smaller clubs, so that might be where he was getting the feeder club part from. We definitely want to upgrade the academy to Cat 1 and develop a pathway to the first team for the best of the young players, but Bettis also said that we haven't seen the last of big signings either. I get the impression that we won't be making any this season though, as Heckingbottom was quite clear that the current first team squad is too big and that needs to be sorted out first.

Most people don't believe that news reports would lie to them either, but they do it all the time. In this case, I think it might be misunderstanding on his part. The only time they talked about United World in regards to us was about how we hope that eventually we can sign players who have been developed by the smaller clubs, so that might be where he was getting the feeder club part from. We definitely want to upgrade the academy to Cat 1 and develop a pathway to the first team for the best of the young players, but Bettis also said that we haven't seen the last of big signings either. I get the impression that we won't be making any this season though, as Heckingbottom was quite clear that the current first team squad is too big and that needs to be sorted out first.

I hope you're right, but watching this didn't suggest any of tha SRE...

We simply had to recruit from within.
We haven’t got a pot to piss in, so the only January dealings will be outbound.
Ramsdale had to be sold or he was heading back to Bournemouth due to non payment allegedly.
And KM knocking about again is also to do with non payment, again allegedly.

We simply had to recruit from within.
We haven’t got a pot to piss in, so the only January dealings will be outbound.
Ramsdale had to be sold or he was heading back to Bournemouth due to non payment allegedly.
And KM knocking about again is also to do with non payment, again allegedly.

First of all, there's no scenario where Ramsdale would have gone back to Bournemouth due to missed payments. That's not how transfers work. Also, if Ramsdale needed to be sold that urgently, why didn't we accept one of Arsenal's first three bids instead of waiting until they met our asking price? This is all a load of bollocks. Allegedly.

I've stated my opinion on this before. The manager isn't the issue, it's the board. They simply need to sell up and leave

Couldn’t agree more.
Problem is the owner can’t be forced to sell if he doesn’t want to.
However, replacing (or completely removing) Bettis - and the rest of the Owner’s acolytes - would be a pretty good start. (IMHO).

Couldn’t agree more.
Problem is the owner can’t be forced to sell if he doesn’t want to.
However, replacing (or completely removing) Bettis - and the rest of the Owner’s acolytes - would be a pretty good start. (IMHO).

There is that cast iron belief that that the next owner, like the next signing, must turn out to be brilliant and so much better than what we have now. I don't believe it at all. So many examples of adequate owners being replace by fools and charlatans. I don't believe HRH to be a fool or a charlatan. Like managers, I'd rather have a lucky one than a good one.

I don't and never have taken things said on social media too seriously and i certainly don't get upset if someone doesn't "Get me" or my "humour" Even Jesus Christ allegedly didn't suit everyone mi owd pal.:giggle: UTB
Nice comparison!

Last edited:
Right I listened to some of the press conference last night and some of those quotes that we read on here sounded completely different when listened to in full taken in isolation they sounded horrendous,the one about not being from Sheffield and not being a football man or caring what he was actually saying was they had put football people in place that know the club and the area to deal with football matters like you get a plumber in to deal with a plumbing issue which made sense,the football people will deal publicly with the football issues so you won’t see the owner or chairman commenting on them in public unless absolutely necessary and the couldn’t care quote was in response to what some would say towards the direction the club was taking and not that they didn’t care about the club or how it was doing. I just think it wasnt worded particularly well and the media didn’t help stirring the pot quoting parts in isolation.
Dont know what anyone else thinks who actually listened to it but that was my take on it

Right I listened to some of the press conference last night and some of those quotes that we read on here sounded completely different when listened to in full taken in isolation they sounded horrendous,the one about not being from Sheffield and not being a football man or caring what he was actually saying was they had put football people in place that know the club and the area to deal with football matters like you get a plumber in to deal with a plumbing issue which made sense,the football people will deal publicly with the football issues so you won’t see the owner or chairman commenting on them in public unless absolutely necessary and the couldn’t care quote was in response to what some would say towards the direction the club was taking and not that they didn’t care about the club or how it was doing. I just think it wasnt worded particularly well and the media didn’t help stirring the pot quoting parts in isolation.
Dont know what anyone else thinks who actually listened to it but that was my take on it

I agree, although he did come across as a bit of a corporate BS merchant on the whole. I've sat in meetings like that a lot of times and everyone involved in the new glorious revolution knew full well there'd be a different one a few months later. It's best not to take those types of comments seriously.

I thought Heckingbottom spoke well, as did Bettis (I'm not sure why Deadbat did a ten minute piss take of the training ground update on the Tufty Club podcast, as what he said about needing a large amount of flat ground within a reasonable travel distance made complete sense to me.) They were both open and honest about the transfer plans for January, which a lot of fans might not like or agree with but they can't say they lied about it either. It's certainly true that we have a large squad, so needing to move some people out before we bring anyone in makes sense. Hecky was also open and honest about moving on players who aren't committed to the club, a position that Wilder also held. No names were given, but I don't think the ones who are on their way out will be a surprise to any of us.

I think that wasn't the only thing misquoted/ taken out of context Sir Rod. When you watch it through, Yusaf's comment about PA not being the face of the club and him not knowing much about football was more aimed at saying they're going to let those who do based in Sheffield who do know get on with it. Support but not interfere, they may have noted what happened across the city? Either way his comments weren't spat out in indifference like some on social media would have us believe.

I think i should have read this before I posted Bully