New kits | Page 2 | Vital Football

New kits

30 years in retail including selecting products tells me this is the man at C and A of football shirts at M& S prices.
Well put Chris and I agree with you entirely. I had hoped that the Macron gear was going to be of a better quality, especially as the also supply international grade rugby clothing, however that is not the case. I will still buy a new shirt as it helps the club however I am not sure it would stand up well to a weekly wash if it were actually used as a Sunday league club kit.

I quite like these. Also in terms of taking risks it’s a bloody football shirt. They haven’t announced a third kit yet. We’ve had yellow the last few seasons IIRC.

We haven’t had many black and blue shirts over the years, and they’re always popular. A lot of people have more disposable income at the moment as they’ve had no holiday and everything’s been closed for a year.

And at least it's stripes and not those hoops from the Championship era. Hoops are so unflattering to a man of a certain stature 🤔
Are you trying to say that you're glad your playing days are over Nobby? I tried on a few of my old shirts not so long back and.... even though I have always been on the large side (second row and 't-other side of 100kg)..... I couldn't get into any of them, properly I mean, well if I wanted to continue breathing in any case. I'm feel almost certain something in my wardrobe is shrinking my clothes behind my back.

By the way, I actually loved the hoops but the combination blue and black has always been my favourite.

Are you trying to say that you're glad your playing days are over Nobby? I tried on a few of my old shirts not so long back and.... even though I have always been on the large side (second row and 't-other side of 100kg)..... I couldn't get into any of them, properly I mean, well if I wanted to continue breathing in any case. I'm feel almost certain something in my wardrobe is shrinking my clothes behind my back.

By the way, I actually loved the hoops but the combination blue and black has always been my favourite.
Last summer, near the end of it, I bought four really nice organic cotton polo shirts from a company down here in Devon called Salvage Society.
All very ethical and responsibly sourced.
Well, the bloody things have shrunk over winter while in the wardrobe.
I put one on this last Sunday as we had company coming, looked in the mirror and thought ... nope .. before Mrs S could say anything.
I'm now determined to shrink myself to fit into them, starting .... tomorrow. :cheers:

I did love that kit (probably because we wore it during good times) but I was a couple of stone heavier back then and my shirt made it look more like four extra 😧

I did love that kit (probably because we wore it during good times) but I was a couple of stone heavier back then and my shirt made it look more like four extra 😧
Understood and under those circumstances I pretty sure I would have felt the same and you've managed something a lot of us can only wish for, you're lighter now than you were then.......I cannot say the same, much to the chagrin of my wife.

Last summer, near the end of it, I bought four really nice organic cotton polo shirts from a company down here in Devon called Salvage Society.
All very ethical and responsibly sourced.
Well, the bloody things have shrunk over winter while in the wardrobe.
I put one on this last Sunday as we had company coming, looked in the mirror and thought ... nope .. before Mrs S could say anything.
I'm now determined to shrink myself to fit into them, starting .... tomorrow. :cheers:
Good luck mate and glad to see you've joined the club:balloon:

Probably just me but I always feel like blue shorts look kinda wrong with a blue and black striped shirt (same goes if you swap blue with any other colour, save white). I think this new kit would look great with white shorts.

Thinking about it, I reckon most kits look best with white shorts.

Probably just me but I always feel like blue shorts look kinda wrong with a blue and black striped shirt (same goes if you swap blue with any other colour, save white). I think this new kit would look great with white shorts.

Thinking about it, I reckon most kits look best with white shorts.

Agree on the blue/red shorts, but black is the answer. Think Stoke versus Sheffield United or Southampton trad kit. Stoke look soppy.

Agree on the blue/red shorts, but black is the answer. Think Stoke versus Sheffield United or Southampton trad kit. Stoke look soppy.
Agreed that black or navy (like Atletico) are the best option with red and white stripes. With white + any other colour it feels different though; imagine Celtic’s kit with shorts in any colour but white. I wonder if there’s an inherent aesthetic reason we think certain combinations look better or if it’s just what we’re used to seeing. I do think white shorts emphasise the shirt colours a lot more. Every so often AC Milan or Manchester Utd will ditch their traditional white shorts and end up with a much more dull-looking kit IMO.

My favourite shirt of all time was the blue and black horizontal bands. Paired with the black shorts made it look slightly menacing, in a pirate kind of way. White shorts would give it more of a gentrified look. Y'know, a bit dandified.

If sticking with a plain blue shirt, I think white shorts is the way to go (the Bukta and Adidas kits were my favourites of all time) but the blue/black shirts should have black shorts IMO.

Sort it out Scally, not a single mention in his latest letter 🤪