New kits | Vital Football

New kits

Very nice. What's the writing below the badge? Can't zoom in with any accuracy on my phone, gets too pixilated 🤔

Same. Looks like"the lost year 2020-2021"

Covid reference?
Yeah, just seen something on Instagram saying that. Bit strange but nice touch to mark it for those who have lost loved ones I suppose. Love the kit though, very nice. Best for a while and more than a weeks notice to get one for the new season for a change..........hopefully.

Yeah, just seen something on Instagram saying that. Bit strange but nice touch to mark it for those who have lost loved ones I suppose. Love the kit though, very nice. Best for a while and more than a weeks notice to get one for the new season for a change..........hopefully.

Maybe that's the 2020-21 kit that's due in soon to the megastore.:ROFLMAO:

Same. Looks like"the lost year 2020-2021"

Covid reference?
Definitely. Very similar to old shirts.i know people like some continuity but something like that in a blue and white stripe would at least be something new.Sorry can't see it being a massive seller unless we have a fantastic season.

Definitely. Very similar to old shirts.i know people like some continuity but something like that in a blue and white stripe would at least be something new.Sorry can't see it being a massive seller unless we have a fantastic season.
I concur. I think it's boring

I concur. I think it's boring
He has played safe .But we normally have two years with the same kits .It has been a year with no crowds. People are short of funds .The normal buyers will buy the shirt as there is nothing to dislike about it.It is basically too safe in my opinion. The shirt has been done to death in recent years meaning people have something similar they bought a few years ago in some cases perhaps have not worn that much especially the away shirt .The situation was definitely crying out for a new perhaps slightly risky kit.By all means play safe at home.Simply changing the colour away would at least be new and different. Working in retail clothing and footwear for many years .I will agree that a fairly high percentage like to play safe so he will be ok with those people. But he has totally missed the opportunity of selling to the 25 % (very approximate)of customers looking for something new a different.The pink kit for example was amazingly popular when we did it before bringing out three colours even a third kit of pink and blue or something.

Last edited:
He has played safe .But we normally have two years with the same kits .It has been a year with no crowds. People are short of funds .The normal buyers will buy the shirt as there is nothing to dislike about it.It is basically too safe in my opinion. The shirt has been done to death in recent years meaning people have something similar they bought a few years ago in some cases perhaps have not worn that much especially the away shirt .The situation was definitely crying out for a new perhaps slightly risky kit.By all means play safe at home.Simply changing the colour away would at least be new and different. Working in retail clothing and footwear for many years .I will agree that a fairly high percentage like to play safe so he will be ok with those people. But he has totally missed the opportunity of selling to the 25 % (very approximate)of customers looking for something new a different.The pink kit for example was amazingly popular when we did it before bringing out three colours even a third kit of pink and blue or something.
Crikey, are you moaning for the sake of moaning? most teams kits are almost identical year on year with only the smallest tweaks, personally I like it and I’m not sure a radically different kit would bring much of an upturn in sales like you suggest anyway.

Crikey, are you moaning for the sake of moaning? most teams kits are almost identical year on year with only the smallest tweaks, personally I like it and I’m not sure a radically different kit would bring much of an upturn in sales like you suggest anyway.
My point is mainly against the second kit .I totally get why he would play safe with the home kit.

Fair enough, can’t please everyone I guess or in Scally’s case no pleasing Chris who.
I might know jack $#/+ about football. But I do know that unless we get better results there is no way that kit will do any better than the last.30 years in retail including selecting products tells me this is the man at C and A of football shirts at M& S prices.When a shop offers new products they need to be a little different. This isn't simply that .A fair number of clubs take risks with away kits .personally I have started cycling a lot more and I was hoping for something colourful.Something a little different away which only needs to be worn by the team perhaps a dozen times a season.