New Kit | Vital Football

New Kit

gijsbert_bos

Vital Football Hero
I'm assuming that as they are all discounted in the shop, we must be getting new home and away kits this year (seems to have become annual these days, the way of the world). Any idea when it will be released, or announced?

Also, am I right in thinking the sponsorship with Bishop Grot is up this year? If so I imagine Liam will be looking for a new sponsor who can give us more money now that we're playing in front of 10,000 every week and the chances of a Cup run each year are pretty decent. Added to which, the old deal would have been agreed when we were desperate for a sponsor having finished lower mid-table of the Conference for the last few years. I bet we practically had to pay BG for the privilege!

Minor tweaks to the home kit, I'm sure. I'm really interested to see what colour the away kit is this time around - I usually buy the away shirt and already have a good range of colours to pick from!

As long as it's red and white stripes and black shorts for the home kit it doesn't matter. Anything else just is not Lincoln City for me.

As long as it's red and white and nothing like the attached. Funny how you never see that one down at the bank any more.

Errea are a great supplier (although their sizing seems tailored for me aged 21 not me aged 42) and their designs, while often based on templates, have been excellent in recent years. This season's was lovely.

Attachments

• New-Lincoln-City-Home-Kit-11-12.jpg
    New-Lincoln-City-Home-Kit-11-12.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited by a moderator:
It's reported in our local rag today that Port Vale will kick-off the new League Two season wearing kit made by Australian sportswear firm BLK.

Really don't like the errea kits and not been massively impressed by the way it has all been run (for instance, not having kits to sell last season and taking ages to send them when you ordered!)

The away kits have been a bit better than the home but I'd expect another template. Home will probably be a version of the Shrews home kit (I'm still not a fan of the diff coloured collar) https://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/2018/may/2018-19-errea-kits/

Don`t change the home strip,it`s got to stay red and white...... iconic.

Got a strong view on the away kit and i feel that this is the time to move to the Brazil 1970 strip, it would look the nuts and in view of the gip that we are taking for being a long ball side it would be sticking 2 fingers up to these critics of our style.
JUST PULLING ON THOSE JERSEYS ON IN THE DRESSINGROOM ....THE PLAYERS WOULD FEEL LIKE THEY WERE ALREADY 1-0 UP!

Rheady wearing the yellow and blue colours of Brazil and playing like Socrates,wow a sight to see.
All us lot in the stand wearing yellow and blue moving in unison to the samba drums(rework 617) on a cold Tuesday at BURY.

I`m sure the club shop would do a roaring in sales.(providing we give andreas carter 6 months notice)

brazil retro kit link below plus top 10 Brazil goals....let`s get a buy in to a top idea!......liam are you listening?

https://www.toffs.com/shop-by-team/football/international/brazil

Last edited:

Got a strong view on the away kit and i feel that this is the time to move to the Brazil 1970 strip, it would look the nuts and in view of the gip that we are taking for being a long ball side it would be sticking 2 fingers up to these critics of our style.
JUST PULLING ON THOSE JERSEYS ON IN THE DRESSINGROOM ....THE PLAYERS WOULD FEEL LIKE THEY WERE ALREADY 1-0 UP!

Rheady wearing the yellow and blue colours of Brazil and playing like Socrates,wow a sight to see.
All us lot in the stand wearing yellow and blue moving in unison to the samba drums(rework 617) on a cold Tuesday at BURY.

I`m sure the club shop would do a roaring in sales.(providing we give andreas carter 6 months notice)

brazil retro kit link below plus top 10 Brazil goals....let`s get a buy in to a top idea!......liam are you listening?

We had an away strip like that not so long back. 2006/07, or 2007/08?

I've liked the Errera kits, but as Rasen says, the Andreas Carter side of it (is that the same Company and agreement) hasn't been as good as it should be.

As a skinny cycling type I think I'd like the fit of an errea shirt. I do enjoy an italian fit. Haven't bought one since the relegation season though. In fact I still wear it or an older one when I go to games, just to show I'm not a plastic that's turned up since Oldham.

And yes, Andreas Carter are doing a dreadful job as distributors. Another hangover from the conference days that need sorting out.

Dear Errea and Lincoln City, please spare us from a sick parrot away kit. We're not Brazil, and we're not Norwich either.

I didn't buy my shirts at the start of the season so didn't have any issues with shortages, but Andreas Carter's charges for second-class postage and it returns service were pretty poor. They have two club portals - us and Braintree, which might explain the level they operate on...

As for Errea, it's a small firm from Parma, Italy, which by Wikipedia's count supplies for less than 50 clubs worldwide. It doesn't have the distribution and manufacturing muscle of sweatshop multinationals like Nike and Adidas. Our last season's kit was actually a bespoke variation on a template (also used by for Norwich), and was pretty damn stylish as most Errea kits are.

I'd wager going back to one of the big firms, say Nike, will land us with a generic template and while the stock would be there we'd end up looking like all the other clubs.

5435605eecb4ea8481afeae5ae9aee0b.jpeg

Apols for my somewhat nerdy interest in this sort of thing - I actually do some graphic design work for kits in Football Manager!

Last edited by a moderator:

Great idea

How about a new home kit that is a copy of the '75 record breaking champions team of Graham Taylor?? Would be nice to go retro, and as said on previous posts it will be a bespoke kit just for us. Unlike a lot of new kits now that are off the shelf and the only difference is the badge and sponsor. It may be a cheaper option, but when you come in late and see highlights show it can be easy to think you are watching city, but it could just as well be Brentford or Sunderland.
For the away kit it should be either Green (but Lincoln Green) or even Black. It should NEVER EVER be Blue, or even Yellow.
Or alternatively why not really go for something completely different and have Red and White checks (same sort of thing as the iconic Croatia shirt, but in Red and White), with Black shorts.

How about a new home kit that is a copy of the '75 record breaking champions team of Graham Taylor?? Would be nice to go retro, and as said on previous posts it will be a bespoke kit just for us. Unlike a lot of new kits now that are off the shelf and the only difference is the badge and sponsor. It may be a cheaper option, but when you come in late and see highlights show it can be easy to think you are watching city, but it could just as well be Brentford or Sunderland.
For the away kit it should be either Green (but Lincoln Green) or even Black. It should NEVER EVER be Blue, or even Yellow.
Or alternatively why not really go for something completely different and have Red and White checks (same sort of thing as the iconic Croatia shirt, but in Red and White), with Black shorts.

Lincoln Green is actually a shade of brown...