New Kit | Page 2 | Vital Football

New Kit

I thought ( read somewhere) that Lincoln green referred to the type of material / cloth rather than the actual colour.
I quite liked the recent green away shirt though myself and also the green/ white wide hooped one from several years ago

I always liked the idea of including a very thin stripe of Lincoln Green amongst the red/white. The more distinctions in every aspect of the club we get then the more .................thingy.

I thought ( read somewhere) that Lincoln green referred to the type of material / cloth rather than the actual colour.
I quite liked the recent green away shirt though myself and also the green/ white wide hooped one from several years ago

Get behind the Brazilian yellow and blue kit and you can swank it on the beach in the summer at Mablethorpe kicking sand in faces whilst playing beach football amongst the sand dunes.....looking like you own the ucking place!

I'm pretty sure we had the pseudo-Brazil away kit under Chris Moyses. It didn't frighten Whitehawk, did it?

^ that's the badger. I bought that one and quite like it. Doubt we'd go for those colours again 3 seasons later though, a bit too soon.

I'm pretty sure we had the pseudo-Brazil away kit under Chris Moyses. It didn't frighten Whitehawk, did it?
Nor did Moyses`s tactics frighten the Hawks on matchday ...non existent,
embarrassing day all round.
I will never again be able to hold my head up high whilst walking the streets of Brighton wearing my Imps mankini, and being open to derision by the locals after the result on that fateful day

Get behind the Brazilian yellow and blue kit and you can swank it on the beach in the summer at Mablethorpe kicking sand in faces whilst playing beach football amongst the sand dunes.....looking like you own the ucking place!
I find it mildly amusing that people who complain about the season ticket going up a few quid are still prepared to buy a new home and possibly away kit at outrageous prices when any red and white striped kit from, in my case , the last 52 years will do the trick. When you've been around as long as I have nearly every colour under the sun has been used for the away strip and I think the yellow has to be the worst of them. I'm a big advocate of using red and white stripes for every away match unless there's a colour clash and then and only then should we change and last year's black is the best I've seen for many a year. As most supporters going away wear red and White anyway let's have a campaign to use that strip whenever possible.

I find it mildly amusing that people who complain about the season ticket going up a few quid are still prepared to buy a new home and possibly away kit at outrageous prices when any red and white striped kit from, in my case , the last 52 years will do the trick. When you've been around as long as I have nearly every colour under the sun has been used for the away strip and I think the yellow has to be the worst of them. I'm a big advocate of using red and white stripes for every away match unless there's a colour clash and then and only then should we change and last year's black is the best I've seen for many a year. As most supporters going away wear red and White anyway let's have a campaign to use that strip whenever possible.
Another favourite away shirt was i believe a navy blue version?

Yes but many is the time where a referee will demand kits are changed, even when there's only a minimal clash.