New Kit | Page 18 | Vital Football

New Kit

Saw a one in the flesh so to speak today (a guy had one on in town).
It looked good and from the distance we'll be looking at the shirts from they will just appear to be red and white stripes, you won't really notice the chevrons on the shirt.

Saw them on sale at Lincs show, definitely look good close up or at a distance. The chevrons look like big, bold, stitching, or tank tracks ( tank invented in Lincoln) both cool and pretty macho at the same time I reckon.

Those that have seen it, was the back just stripes, or was there a red or white panel for the numbers?

I can't imagine the company will be happy with the result, but then I can't imagine why an asbestos cleaner from Grimsby/London would have any interest in sponsoring Lincoln City.

Why no small?! I'm a 38" chest and hate a baggy fit. Not sure whether to go for medium and hope it's a slim fit...anyone bought one and able to advise on sizing?

I've bought an M and am going to stick it the washing machine hot and see if it shrinks a bit :)

I can see most peoples point regarding the kit and wanting us in a more traditional red and white stripes shirt but considering the average age on here is probably a 104 (slight exageration) it would interesting to get a sample of views from 'younger' and junior supporters to see what they think.

My 13 year old said "hope the away kit is good this year."

My 11 year old just laughed at the picture and didn't comment!!

The white stripes look like a 5 years old has run amok with a marker pen. It's nasty.
Nod to the past? Not in my memory!

I think they are referring to the 93/94 echo one with wide stripes bordered by pinstripes. Got it sooo wrong though.

After initially turning my stomach, I've gone back to look at it a few times and it is starting to grow on me. I think I've pinpointed the major fault though - it's that weird 'baseball home plate' shaped thing where the collar should be. Just looks plain weird!

Minority here again, I cannot believe the amount of negativity toward the new shirt. Is that what it is, something completely different, that is the issue - "different collar, tractor/tank tracks or the shield on the back", seriously the more you look at it the more it says "actually, I am a pretty decent looking shirt and I am pretty unique"
Looking at the players in the full kit and I have to say they look pretty darn good. This coming from a 52 year old who has supported the Imps since the age of 14. For the 1st time in around 5 years I am actually going to get one.
Anything new is going to have its detractors, at least it's not as bad as the Leeds badge. Come on people embrace the change, I know a couple of mates supporting other clubs who have seen the shirt, and made derogatory comments about it outwardly but I could tell they were a little jealous.
Opinions divide, let's not relay that to the players on the pitch, by singing things like "our kit is s*, our kit is s*, we are Lincoln our kit is s*"
Honestly, give it time, a few matches watched and I am sure a few more can be converted into my love the kit camp

I can see most peoples point regarding the kit and wanting us in a more traditional red and white stripes shirt but considering the average age on here is probably a 104 (slight exageration) it would interesting to get a sample of views from 'younger' and junior supporters to see what they think.
I (21) like it, best mate (20) loves it, sister (14) hates it

The main thing for the club is that enough people buy it. Although I sure some do I 'm guessing most people wouldn't buy a new shirt every year, only when there's a big change or it's getting worn out (two years?). Over the last 18 months I guess we've sold quite a lot of shirts so leaving the kit similar to last years might have kept sales down more than risking a more 'adventurous' design which we have.