New Kit To Be Delivered In A Different Way | Page 3 | Vital Football

New Kit To Be Delivered In A Different Way

Not quite correct SirDen.

Under armour pay us an amount for the deal but the shirts sold in the shop etc have to be bought from them.

Yes. The shop is still stocked with kit etc so the baseless claim that we hadn't paid the bills is still incorrect.

End of the day the purpose of any kit deal is to earn the club money, so you'd like to think we have people in place at boardroom level these days who are going to maximise that.

I'd be surprised if this wasn't a good financial deal for the club and we were only doing it coz Luke is a Villa fan. lol

There is a video of Villa's Biggest Fan Luke talking about how big a Villa fan he is on the official Youtube page. He also says that the 87/88 kit was his favourite. That concerns me a bit. That kit was super busy and the best kit ever was the 81/82 kit which we all know.
If ihis idea of the 87/88 kit being good we are in the shite! It was a copy of the previous Denmark kit also worn by Coventry and was immediately changed by Graham Taylor on his appointment, overruling Ellis. The next kit, Taylor’s was back to our traditional claret shirts and light blue sleeves.

There is a video of Villa's Biggest Fan Luke talking about how big a Villa fan he is on the official Youtube page. He also says that the 87/88 kit was his favourite. That concerns me a bit. That kit was super busy and the best kit ever was the 81/82 kit which we all know.

I would like to know what process he went through to get the contract. Whilst I'm liking the sound of it , I would like to know how he won it

Said kit is rare and absolute fortune on eBay if you can find one, personally I like it.
The one in your profile picture (92) along with 94/5 (the infamous drawstring) are my two personal favorites of the last few decades. The Reebok away kits were all good (light blue over white and white with the diagonal stripe)

Managed to keep this to myself for weeks , which is a miracle.
Glad it's come out now .
Really don't get this fan boy stuff with brands , Nike Adidas etc must brainwash some of the younger generation .
Does it matter who makes it as long as its good stuff and it's Claret and Blue ffs

Its usually about the fit for me as I am a pretty skinny chappy and tall to boot. Nike jerseys in M fit perfect so thats been my preference. I am very interested in this purely because it is far more likely one of the 80s or 90s kits will be refreshed.

The one in your profile picture (92) along with 94/5 (the infamous drawstring) are my two personal favorites of the last few decades. The Reebok away kits were all good (light blue over white and white with the diagonal stripe)

Yeah love that one, probably my favourite along with the England 3rd shirt from 1990, early 90s Umbro shirts are classics. Really like the mid 90s reebok too especially 95/96 home and away (The navy one). I think this seasons kits will be become classic in years to come especially if we go up.

The 87/88 kit was my first ever kit so for that reason I love it.

I've got it upstairs and it has lots of autographs on from players at the time. Wonder how much thats worth?

Actually ignore that.... either my memory is completely shot, OR my mom washed it and got all the autographs off. lol

I do have the 87/88 kit in size Small Boys but no autographs on it.

The only kit I have with an autograph on is the 89/90 away kit. White/Black with purple trim. One autograph on, hard to make out but I think it's Cyrille Regis.

I do think the 87 away shirt is nice. But that Hummel template just doesn't work on the home shirt in my opinion. The whole thing looks off colour.

1987-89-aston-villa-away-shirt-2551-1.jpg

The white away umbro 1990 is a favourite of mine and it still fits me 28 years on. The yellow away 3rd shirt I have is mint condition but is miles to big on me now.

The first shirt I had in 1978, white away was the daddy, one on ebay for silly money, £250 I think.