New Home Shirt | Page 2 | Vital Football

New Home Shirt

Very nice but I'll be sticking with last seasons for a bit personally.

Does anyone know how the back looks as I can't see any pictures of that. Do the stripes continue or is it a full red, which might be better with the names and numbers?

Very nice but I'll be sticking with last seasons for a bit personally.

Does anyone know how the back looks as I can't see any pictures of that. Do the stripes continue or is it a full red, which might be better with the names and numbers?
It's full red.

Not so keen on that.

Whatever the numbers are like I just hope they're better designed than the non-spectator-friendly ones that for some inexplicable reason seem to be in fashion nowadays, and which we had to try and decipher last season.
If it's white numbers on a plain red background, they should be easy to see?

Not so keen on that.

Whatever the numbers are like I just hope they're better designed than the non-spectator-friendly ones that for some inexplicable reason seem to be in fashion nowadays, and which we had to try and decipher last season.
Full red background should help to see the numbers more clearly

On Radio Lincs podcast (O'Connor, Vernam and Liam), Liam said part of the design was to make sure some of those issues around names/numbers were sorted. Can't remember the exact wording, I'm sure Rob Makepeace will post the link to the podcast at some point.

EDIT - It's on this link (if you don't have a BBC account, you can listen via the Podcast app on iPhone (not sure on Android ones):

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06jrc5d/episodes/downloads

I like the shirt but now I've got to decide whether to buy one or a small carribean island cos its going to be about the same price isn't it?

If it's white numbers on a plain red background, they should be easy to see?
Not really since some recent number styles have been awful - those 'split' numbers are just rubbish, like the 2 having those gaps at the top curl and bottom next to the horizontal part. Just a sh*te design. A 2 is hard to distinguish from a 7 in that style, for instance. I'm honestly surprised this style was ever given the go ahead - it's certainly not very inclusive.

I'm saying this as a mid 30s bloke with excellent eyesight who has never had or needed any eyesight correction, by the way - I can only imagine the difficulty of anyone with less than perfect vision.

Not having a go either, just my stance on the numbers on shirts issue 👍

Not really since some recent number styles have been awful - those 'split' numbers are just rubbish, like the 2 having those gaps at the top curl and bottom next to the horizontal part. Just a sh*te design. A 2 is hard to distinguish from a 7 in that style, for instance. I'm honestly surprised this style was ever given the go ahead - it's certainly not very inclusive.

I'm saying this as a mid 30s bloke with excellent eyesight who has never had or needed any eyesight correction, by the way - I can only imagine the difficulty of anyone with less than perfect vision.

I'm towards the back of the St Andrews so adding that to my age and roving eye sight prescription (it can even change during a game!), I stopped worrying about numbers years ago.

Hair colour, skin colour and build are what I rely on now. It's an added layer of guess work though if somebody temporarily fills in whilst out of position.

Fair comments - I just think (hope!) that a plain background rather than stripes might make things easier for those of us who are not so visually well equipped!!

Better than the last 2. Hated the pinstripes and last year's was an attempt at the Adidas classic that (IMO) didn't come off.

Only thing I don't like is with the sponsor part being white it looks a bit like a white cross on a red background! Will have to see it in person and make a decision.