New Home Shirt | Page 3 | Vital Football

New Home Shirt

I'm towards the back of the St Andrews so adding that to my age and roving eye sight prescription (it can even change during a game!), I stopped worrying about numbers years ago.

Hair colour, skin colour and build are what I rely on now.

To be fair - and it's something I remember posting on here before - until the 1930s players didn't wear numbers at all yet everyone knew which one was Billy Dinsdale.

I like the shirt but now I've got to decide whether to buy one or a small carribean island cos its going to be about the same price isn't it?
I’ve heard that in a effort to lower the price of new shirts the club are looking to increase the age when adults qualify for cheaper oap season tickets from 65 to 70. That sounds a good way to increase revenue, I don’t think many fans would complain.

I’ve heard that in a effort to lower the price of new shirts the club are looking to increase the age when adults qualify for cheaper oap season tickets from 65 to 70. That sounds a good way to increase revenue, I don’t think many fans would complain.

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Brilliant john.

Fair comments - I just think (hope!) that a plain background rather than stripes might make things easier for those of us who are not so visually well equipped!!
I think it should, yeah. Bit weird when we had numbers overlapping a shield on the red shirt! I kind of wish we just had nice plain numbers like in the 2000s to make it simple.

If you look around on match days, there aren't too may who remember us dropping out of the Football League the first time. I know we are working on it, but the game is becoming a viewing event for those who can no longer play bowls.

I think it should, yeah. Bit weird when we had numbers overlapping a shield on the red shirt! I kind of wish we just had nice plain numbers like in the 2000s to make it simple.
That shield was awful. Plain back is OK. Stripes could wrap around sides even, but for goodness sake we need to keep to simple red and white vertical stripes.
The new kit is a very good design for traditionalists yet distinctive from previous designs so gets my thumbs up. i do prefer an embroidered badge though.

On the subject of logo colours/designs, many corporate marketing policies are rigid on implementation of their standards, but with a bit of imagination could allow colours / logos to be changed to integrate aesthetically with a shirt‘s design. So rather than recalling just an Errea shirt or Adidas shirt from the 80’s, fans develop longer lasting association, e.g for the “2022/3 Errea Branston shirt” as a classic.
The University of Lincoln logo last season achieved this and the Virgin Wines logo could be beautifully integrated… with a little corporate imagination.

As we know anyway, massive supply issues around football shirts.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62256634

Out of the 92 clubs in the top four leagues:
  • 44 teams have both kits available for sale on their website
  • 22 teams have only their home kit available
  • 7 teams have only their away kit available
  • 19 teams have neither kit available

Like the shirt. On first glance, I thought the sponsor logo was a detraction but it’s grown on me - don’t mind it at all, and being a local corporate supporter then it’s all good. Just purchased.

Last edited: