New Groundsman Announced | Vital Football

New Groundsman Announced

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Head Groundsman Gary Lewis has expressed his gratitude to the Silkmen supporters after his last day working for the Football Club.
Gary is set to take up a new role at EFL League One side Blackpool, but before leaving the Moss Rose, he was quick to pay tribute to all those that have helped in the past two seasons and as well as the Silkmen faithful.
Speaking to mtfc.co.uk, Gary said: “I’m leaving with a heavy heart. I’ve made a lot of good friends here. There are a lot of good people in Macclesfield and they made me so welcome when I first came here.
“It brought a tear to my eye when the fans were singing my name at the Dagenham game and I cant thank the supporters enough for that.
“But I couldn’t have done anything without the volunteers who have turned up at all hours to help me! I really am so grateful. ”
But Gary won’t be leaving by himself, he’ll also be taking his trusty snakes that he used to keep birds off the Silkmen playing surface!
He added: “It’s a big move for them too! They are a bit giddy but they are looking forward to it! There is a lot of sand there for them to play on, they just have to watch those seagulls!”
Everybody at Macclesfield Town would like to thank Gary the best of luck in his new role.

Looks to have done a decent job at Macc

Macclesfield Town would like to offer their congratulations to Head Groundsman Gary Lewis who this afternoon received recognition at the ‘Groundman of the Year Awards.’
Gary was highly commended for his work on the Moss Rose throughout the 2016/17 campaign at the event at St George’s Park.

and who mentioned snakes Bear?:grinning:

Head Groundsman Gary Lewis has expressed his gratitude to the Silkmen supporters after his last day working for the Football Club.
Gary is set to take up a new role at EFL League One side Blackpool, but before leaving the Moss Rose, he was quick to pay tribute to all those that have helped in the past two seasons and as well as the Silkmen faithful.
Speaking to mtfc.co.uk, Gary said: “I’m leaving with a heavy heart. I’ve made a lot of good friends here. There are a lot of good people in Macclesfield and they made me so welcome when I first came here.
“It brought a tear to my eye when the fans were singing my name at the Dagenham game and I cant thank the supporters enough for that.
“But I couldn’t have done anything without the volunteers who have turned up at all hours to help me! I really am so grateful. ”
But Gary won’t be leaving by himself, he’ll also be taking his trusty snakes that he used to keep birds off the Silkmen playing surface!
He added: “It’s a big move for them too! They are a bit giddy but they are looking forward to it! There is a lot of sand there for them to play on, they just have to watch those seagulls!”

Everybody at Macclesfield Town would like to thank Gary the best of luck in his new role.

Attachments

• He's a big lad.jpg
    He's a big lad.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 4