New forum layout | Page 3 | Vital Football

New forum layout

You know if I shit everyone on this forum a gold brick to keep, someone would question the method of how it was delivered!!!!!!!!:grinning:

But seriously, this change has probably been long overdue. Hopefully there will be the performance improvements and the site itself will be more secure from "drive by" hacks and other malware that takes advantage of "Zero-day" software vunerabilites that the programmers just can't control.

Be patient, give it some time and hopefully you will like the changes.

Hamburger Head

You know if I shit everyone on this forum a gold brick to keep, someone would question the method of how it was delivered!!!!!!!!:grinning:

But seriously, this change has probably been long overdue. Hopefully there will be the performance improvements and the site itself will be more secure from "drive by" hacks and other malware that takes advantage of "Zero-day" software vunerabilites that the programmers just can't control.

Be patient, give it some time and hopefully you will like the changes.

Hamburger Head

Er - what he said!:shrug:

Old people do not like change, so it's no surprise that AC, Banger and the clique are up in arms.

Old people; change is not your enemy, winter is!

This change has really got my pip all out of whack Mao.

Red David will be in for a shock when he's back from his narrowboating holiday on the Grantham canal

bit of a heads up might have helped. suppose I will get used to it.

That's my fault - I've known about this for 4 - 5 months, but only got the email on actual timing of implementation on Good Friday.

Over last few weeks/months - the site got to the point where it was about to break. Very slow to post, terrible to manage from an admin perspective etc.

Some will have forgotten, as I'm going back 6-7 years - but, the servers had to be replaced as the whole site just kept on crashing - it was at that point again.

Yep - ads are a pain, but a necessary evil for those that make a living from the site - that said, I've found it so much quicker to post & once you get used to the navigation & layout, I think most would agree.

Spent nearly two days trying to get on the site, only to find that I had to do a google search to find the site again, and my bookmark doesn't work anymore.

Spent nearly two days trying to get on the site, only to find that I had to do a google search to find the site again, and my bookmark doesn't work anymore.

My bookmark worked - my issue was that I'd forgotten my password, because I had to log in again.

Eventually remembered it & am blaming the Easter Red Wine consumption level!

as ric flair would say "learn to love it baby woooo"

any complaints or concerns can be IM'd in confidence to vital assistant secretary Woanz.

Although I'm not overly keen on it I suppose we will all get used to it. Its a fuck sight better than the old Rivals.net forum I used to frequent.

as ric flair would say "learn to love it baby woooo"

any complaints or concerns can be IM'd in confidence to vital assistant secretary Woanz.

Yes I too have PM'd Woanz with a detailed list of all issues I have experienced with the new format. I would urge all others to do the same as Woanz will be collating all feedback and reporting back to Vital HQ.

My bookmark stopped working, but a bit of clicking though Vital found me back here. I had a look on a browser without AdBlock and didn't think much of layout, but now I'm back behind the blocker I'm finding it quite a clean layout - nice to see avatars a bit bigger too

its a lot easier to add media now to posts. I think given time people will come around to it.