New Fixtures 18-19 | Page 2 | Vital Football

New Fixtures 18-19

I'm very happy with the fixtures. Had luck with how it's worked around my holidays, so can't complain.

Home both first and last days too. Two big home games first two of our home games so decent crowds.

It was set up nicely , Stoke away with my mate ( Stoke fan ) hospitality on the session then the return to the DW ..
Bloody both WEDNESDAY night .. can`t believe it ..
S.W home first game is a cracker , they will sell out the sun will be shining , welcome back to the Championship ..

I also
Couple of observations, is there a reason we are now playing home midweek games on a Wednesday, or at least two that I could see at quick glance?

I was wondering the same i had a look on line and couldn't find anything specific but i did see that as part of a new streaming deal that i thought started next season that all midweek Championship games will be shown on line in the uk. So i was going to suggest that maybe it had something to do with that.

But while writing this post this news just dropped that confirms it's actually this year that the midweek streams games come into place, so i think it is almost certainly part of that change.

https://www.wiganathletic.com/news/...games-live-in-the-uk-for-the-first-time-ever/

Last edited:
The midweek games that will all likely be streamed will be:

Rotherham A cup and any other league cup ties if we advance
Stoke A
Hull H
Swansea H
Millwall A
Blackburn A
Stoke H
Hull A

Maybe Sheff U H, Preston H and Leed A, West Brom A also as they are not on Satrudays but they are on bank holidays so not sure how that works.

Millwall and Hull away are quite handy as it's a nightmare going so far away midweek. But i'd prefer to have had the big games with Stoke, Blackburn and Swansea on a Saturday tbh and had the less appealing far flung Brentford, QPR and some of the other trips on streams. As even if it's on a Saturday we aren't going to take loads to London to those unglamerous stadiums, but the games being on tv and midweek will likely see the numbers travelling to Blackburn and Stoke take a hit.

Last edited:
Just curious, how do you come to that conclusion King ?

Edit
Ignore me, I thought you meant on Sky, but I'm assuming you mean via iFollow.

Yes you're right on iFollow, i should've said streamed rather than televised. I'll go back and edit to avoid confusion.

I used iFollow while i was out of the country for work for Bradford away and also Shrewsbury vs Northampton - the stream quality was very good but there was only the 1 camera angle and no commentary. For about £5 a game I think that's fair enough but i can imagine that is might be a little bare bones for a wider audience. Maybe this new deal will see further investment into iFollow games.

I read it that there will be 4 camera angles available for the streamed games.
Also no games at Easter or other Bank Holidays will be available for streaming.

An odd tv selection, not exactly one you'd tune in for unless you support either club given the lack of atmosphere and swathes of empty seats that'll be on show. I doubt it'll be £28 for this one. Two home night games in a few days will hardly draw in the punters, perhaps they could offer a ticket deal for the pair.

Last edited:
Note in the selections Sky say that more selections are expected for Saturday 6th October. I bet you any money that’ll be Preston away moved to a ba**ard Friday night again.

Note in the selections Sky say that more selections are expected for Saturday 6th October. I bet you any money that’ll be Preston away moved to a ba**ard Friday night again.

It falls on Easter Bank Holiday Monday this yearand we are playing Leed away on the Good Friday so i think the chances of it getting moved are quite slim. Which will be good for our away following.

The knob end home fixture is over Easter, it's the one at deepdale that's in October. No game scheduled on Friday 5th so could well be shifted I guess.

The knob end home fixture is over Easter, it's the one at deepdale that's in October. No game scheduled on Friday 5th so could well be shifted I guess.
It’ll be that game and/or the Boro v Forest match that gets televised because that’ll be Karanka returning to his old club. Liverpool v Man City is also that weekend so that’ll probably be the Sky “Super Sunday” main event. So we’re probably nailed on to be shunted to Friday.

An odd tv selection, not exactly one you'd tune in for unless you support either club given the lack of atmosphere and swathes of empty seats that'll be on show. I doubt it'll be £28 for this one. Two home night games in a few days will hardly draw in the punters, perhaps they could offer a ticket deal for the pair.

People would tune in if both clubs are doing well, maybe that's what the programme selecting experts are anticipating? ?