New director of football | Vital Football

New director of football

Well respected DoF. AC PMd me about this appointment on 23rd November.

Drop him a message if you want HOT GOSS delivered straight into your box every morning

Good luck to him. But my thoughts......

What is his job description and will this complement Karanka's role? Will AK welcome this appointment?

Has he already had a 'hand' in Forest signings?

Having 25 years European experience is one thing, but that doesn't necessarily qualify him for the rigours and uniqueness of the Championship.

Not comfortable if he is going to be involved with squad selection. I see that as AK's job

Mmmmm!!! :hmmm:- Wonder if he racked up last Saturday and that's why Kranky said he was feeling flat? but I strongly believe the manager will be left to manage and Dourekas is here to take some weight off of him - I should imagine.

I think both rolls were ironed out some while back so as not to interrupt what is now being achieved.

Not comfortable if he is going to be involved with squad selection. I see that as AK's job

But if AK leaves in a strop, goes for a better job or results take a nose dive or he gets us to the play offs twice but then someone like Schteve McClaren becomes available & he’s sacked then it’s good to plan & have consistency at the club. Obviously his used to working with the owner. Sensible forward planning & a proper back room staff is something that should be applauded, not feared.

This suggests some investment expected in to NFFC. EM will want someone he can trust and is with him for the long run in charge of the money and assets. This guy has 25 yrs at Olympiacos and has worked with EM for much of that. Managers come and go for a variety of reasons. AK maybe unhappy but is the way of things.

This suggests to me, an outsider with little info in to the mechanics of NFFC, that EM is putting a vital cog in to the backroom staff and that another big push is imminent. AK needs to keep his eye on the ball over Jan and leave much of the transfer leg work to someone else. AK will not be wanting to radically alter the squad (even if he could) and a couple of quality signings would be welcome.

IF we were successful in our goal of promotion (and that is what EM is planning on) then to survive in the Premiership will require a further uplift in quality over the summer. He needs someone in place he can trust to complete that work if required. If we fail in that goal some smaller scale tinkering to prepare the squad for next season, with or without the present manager.

This suggests some investment expected in to NFFC. EM will want someone he can trust and is with him for the long run in charge of the money and assets. This guy has 25 yrs at Olympiacos and has worked with EM for much of that. Managers come and go for a variety of reasons. AK maybe unhappy but is the way of things.

This suggests to me, an outsider with little info in to the mechanics of NFFC, that EM is putting a vital cog in to the backroom staff and that another big push is imminent. AK needs to keep his eye on the ball over Jan and leave much of the transfer leg work to someone else. AK will not be wanting to radically alter the squad (even if he could) and a couple of quality signings would be welcome.

IF we were successful in our goal of promotion (and that is what EM is planning on) then to survive in the Premiership will require a further uplift in quality over the summer. He needs someone in place he can trust to complete that work if required. If we fail in that goal some smaller scale tinkering to prepare the squad for next season, with or without the present manager.

Agree this all bodes well and continues to show our owner is serious about promotion lol. Do hope ak is here next year if we are not successful tho this season. He has turned us around, albeit with significant support from the owner. While ever things are improving it is important to keep stability imo

Wonder if he racked up last Saturday and that's why Kranky said he was feeling flat?

I have seen/heard this a lot recently but I didn't get into the car until after the post match interview so I don't really understand the context for why he was feeling flat, can anyone expand on this flat comment for me, please?

PS: Welcome to Forest Kyriakos Dourekas, I see him simple as a replacement for Luke Dowling