New Defender | Vital Football

New Defender

abebaby

Vital Squad Member
Just seeing that Leicester have recalled defender Sam Hughes from his loan spell at Salford. I seem to remember his name being mentioned on here in the past. I was just wondering if anyone thinks this may be a possibility for us. I'm not even sure if he is a central defender or not.

Just seeing that Leicester have recalled defender Sam Hughes from his loan spell at Salford. I seem to remember his name being mentioned on here in the past. I was just wondering if anyone thinks this may be a possibility for us. I'm not even sure if he is a central defender or not.

He played CD for Chester FC at The Bank.

Definitely a CB, big and strong and I think out of contract in the summer so wouldn't be surprised to see us sign him permanently. MA will know.him from his Leicester days, been unlucky with the odd injury but was highly thought of.

his deal expires in the summer, so could be available now to sign permanently - rather than a loan, which would mean six loans for us. fits the the type - younger, quicker, centre back we could well be looking at.

But is he any good, can he play out from the back as MA wants them to or is he another, what shall I do with this bomb at my feet player.

But is he any good, can he play out from the back as MA wants them to or is he another, what shall I do with this bomb at my feet player.

His Leicester profile suggests he can also play midfield so that suggests some degree of comfort on the ball / passing ability.

Pompey showing interest in this lad currently,could be a fee for him.
Leicester paid 100 k i think