New deal | Vital Football

New deal

Thought he was excellent yesterday and a fully deserved extension.

I guess the lure of winning tinpot titles in Scotland wasn't enough to tempt him away from the special thing that's happening at the Lane right now. Must be great for the players to be involved in.

Thought he was excellent yesterday and a fully deserved extension.

I guess the lure of winning tinpot titles in Scotland wasn't enough to tempt him away from the special thing that's happening at the Lane right now. Must be great for the players to be involved in.
I wudda thought it's gr8 for anyone wi a BLADES connection just nar,especially us fans who've see n a lot of mediocre times mi owd pal.:yes: UTMPB

I wudda thought it's gr8 for anyone wi a BLADES connection just nar,especially us fans who've see n a lot of mediocre times mi owd pal.:yes: UTMPB

It's pretty mindblowing rodders to think that Adkins' team being jeered as they walked a lap of honour was only three years ago. If anyone told me then that in 2019 we'd be above Chelsea in the PL I'd have thought they'd escaped from Middlewood.

It's pretty mindblowing rodders to think that Adkins' team being jeered as they walked a lap of honour was only three years ago. If anyone told me then that in 2019 we'd be above Chelsea in the PL I'd have thought they'd escaped from Middlewood.
Walkin in a WILDER wonderland.UTMPB

Last edited:
When he was linked with Celtic in the summer I wouldn't have been bothered if we had sold him and got someone else in, but he has definitely upped his game so far this season and deserves a new deal. Well done George.

I dint want to lose George but like wi all departures it wudda depended on the replacement.George has been very good for us i think.UTMPB

My only issue with Baldock in the past was his decision making in the final third; his defending and work rate have always been very good. He only managed one goal and one assist last season, which is way below what our other attacking "defenders" contributed. He has already shown an improvement in this regard though, so hopefully he has been working on that part of his game.

My only issue with Baldock in the past was his decision making in the final third; his defending and work rate have always been very good. He only managed one goal and one assist last season, which is way below what our other attacking "defenders" contributed. He has already shown an improvement in this regard though, so hopefully he has been working on that part of his game.
How many assists as he had this season then? Well worth his place for me and has been consistently good for us. UTMPB

How many assists as he had this season then? Well worth his place for me and has been consistently good for us. UTMPB

If McBurnie had converted his excellent pass against Bournemouth then he would have one, but because he hit a defender and Billy stuck home the rebound it probably won't count as an assist for Baldock. He made an important contribution though. He also looked to take on the Palace full back and get the ball in the box on several occasions. Last season he was too quick to slow up, pass the ball back to Norwood and Duffy and let them take on the responsibility. A definite improvement in my eyes.

If McBurnie had converted his excellent pass against Bournemouth then he would have one, but because he hit a defender and Billy stuck home the rebound it probably won't count as an assist for Baldock. He made an important contribution though. He also looked to take on the Palace full back and get the ball in the box on several occasions. Last season he was too quick to slow up, pass the ball back to Norwood and Duffy and let them take on the responsibility. A definite improvement in my eyes.
That's why assist stats can be misleadin in my opinion mi owd pal,it's the one who delivers the final pass that gets the assist in stats,where others have obvs been involved in the move earlier.It's like when some complain abart our crossin not bein gud enuff,sometimes it's cos the movement in't box aint been gud enuff.It's nice to be debatin these things when we're doin ok tho isn't it?:yes: UTMPB