New Club Record | Vital Football

New Club Record

Scotimp

Vital Football Legend
Set by Jamie McCombe at Accrington: the longest period between first and (currently) last goals for the club. McCombe's first for the club came on 24 August 2004 against Derby in the League Cup, which apparently is 14 years and 102 days ago.

It is also the third lowest attendance at a Lincoln City senior cup match in the modern era (i.e. FA Cup, League Cup and Mickey Mouse Trophy since 1925).

150 v Halifax Town (away) 11/2/1986
615 v Shrewsbury (away) 19/11/1991

I seem to recall the Halifax game being played one weekday afternoon - was anyone there?

It is also the third lowest attendance at a Lincoln City senior cup match in the modern era (i.e. FA Cup, League Cup and Mickey Mouse Trophy since 1925).

I seem to recall the Halifax game being played one weekday afternoon - was anyone there?

150 people were there.

Just as well you missed out FA Trophy, Bradford PA 360, Colwyn Bay 383, Braintree 410, Gateshead 578 etc, not to mention league games v Hayes & Yeading 328, Braintree 447, Welling 504

The original fixture was on the Monday evening, but was fogged off, the clubs decided to play the following afternoon to avoid the fog. On arriving at the Shay (on the Monday) I thought it strange the floodlights were not on, I had a couple of scoops in the Shay pub and went home, good job it only took only 15mins to get home. Didn't go the next day as it was a 'School day'.

I had a similar experience when the Imps were playing Bradford City in the pre-season YEB Yorkshire Cup, tipped up at VP only to find the match was being played at Leeds United training ground, the other side of Leeds. Oh! and there is Shrewsbury too!

Last edited:
Just as well you missed out FA Trophy, Bradford PA 360, Colwyn Bay 383, Braintree 410, Gateshead 578 etc, not to mention league games v Hayes & Yeading 328, Braintree 447, Welling 504

I was at the Colwyn Bay game with my son. We walked all around the pitch and watched different parts of the game from all four sides. We were even given a free burger on the way out because they had clearly ordered a little too many.

Having been to all those, it just reinforces how low we had sunk and how different it is again now

Surely Carshalton away can't have attracted more than a couple of hundred?